Linux Administration/Commands/File Editing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This lesson covers file editing.
Objectives and Skills[edit | edit source]
Objectives and skills for the file editing portion of Linux+ certification include:
- Perform basic file editing operations using vi
- Navigate a document using vi
- Use basic vi modes
- Insert, edit, delete, copy and find text
- The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities:
- /, ?
- h, j, k, l
- i, o, a
- c, d, p, y, dd, yy
- ZZ, :w!, :q!, :e!
Readings[edit | edit source]
Multimedia[edit | edit source]
Activities[edit | edit source]
- Complete the tutorial IBM: Learn Linux, 101: File editing with vi