Learning the basics of French/Participants
- There is also a list of participants interested in French at Wikiversity here.
Please add yourself with a short intro in the list:
Salut! I'm Johan, moving to France in the autumn, trying to be fluent 'til then! Trying to learn french by myself... see you! ^^' Salut!! please make me a polyglot...happy to speak in french
- Bonjour..I'm Lindsey and I need to learn french so I can get a teaching job!
Bonjour! Mon nom est Uche et je vis a Port Harcourt au Nigeria. Je suis de ja attendre allianze Francais Lagos au Nigeria, mais je besoin to learn more. Bonjour! Parle un petit de francias and I would like to learn more. I'm a Spanish teacher, Je m'apelle Leah and I want to expand my language lexicon!
- Bonjour! Je m'appelle Sam et je suis de l'États-Unis. I speak a little French, and I'm currently in a high school French 1 course.
- Bonjour, Mesdames et Messieurs! Mon nom est Gabe et je vis à Los Angeles, Californie. Je parle
L'anglais et aussi avoir une bonne compréhension de l'espagnol. J'ai trouvé français pour être pas différente de l'anglais ou l'espagnol. Je suis prêt à apprendre!
- Salut tout le monde! J'adore le francais. "chui" de Canada. Bisous. Michelle.
- Bonjour! Je m'appelle Tim. Je suis du Chicago. I would like to learn to express myself fluently in French, and lose my phrase books.
- Hello. I'm Sophia, glad to have found all of you! Going on a trip to France soon. With desire, and needing knowledge of the French language. Screen name is Sophiarene. Thank you.
- Bonjour Everyone! My Name is Adnan and i am from India. Can't wait to learn French! Could we have a few more lessons though? Can anyone help in practising french????
- Hi. My name is Edwin. I am from Puerto Rico, fluent in Spanish and English. French will be my third language.
- Hello, my name is Zaheer. I am currently in Rennes, France and I intend to learn French for this purpose.
- Hello, My name is Julia. I am hoping to learn French for travel purposes.
- Salut! Andy from Norway. Considering France as my next place to live, and want to learn the language in order to communicate with french people and possible french employers.
- Hello, this is Elizabeth and I live in Oklahoma, USA. I want to read Latour and Foucault in their language one day!
- Hi, Tristan from Malaysia. I just wanted to learn French so that i could read some French books I found :)
- Hello, This is Ramesh from India. I have learned very much from the content. and if it contains any workbook / exercises / audio / video files. it also will be an useful one.
I want to help who are all going to Come to India from France. I want to help the french people who are all coming to visit India. Once again Thank You, Wiki.
- Hello there,My name is Sam Yang from Shanghai,China.Beginner in French and hope this page will help!Good luck!
- Bonjour, the names Yassine, I've been teaching French to myself through various books and programs. I'm hoping this project will help improve my French so I can finally carry on a conversation.
- Hi, I'm Bri and I just want to learn French. That is all.
- Hello, I'm Bernardo and I would like to learn French. I speak English, Hungarian and Portuguese and I also teach English. As a teacher, I am very interested in how internet-based language learning works and maybe experience for myself what my students go through when learning a new language.
- Hello, My name is Bethany and I want to work in Europe so I'm going to add French to my inventory of skills :)
- Hi! My name is Debbie and I am from Western Canada. My family heritage is French and I have recently had a very strong desire to learn the written/verbal language. I plan to continue on when I master the information offered here. Thank you very much for this site, and all who have contributed to it.
- Hello. My name is Andrew. I take French courses in college and I am using this site to help me expand my knowledge over the summer.--Dbobcat 00:11, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
hi, I m Ashish from India...
- Bonjour Je m'appelle Nicholas. I'm Canadian, and I want to be bilingual
- Bonjour! Je m'appelle Monica. I love languages and the paths they open to building new relationships and developing a mutual understanding between people.
hello there? my name is Aminu Ajah I love french as a language and i love french culture i just want to learn the language.
- Bonjour, je m'appelle Virginie, je suis fançaise. J'ai plusieurs correspondants francophiles et je pense qu'un site de ce type pourrait les aider énormément.
- Ceci dit, j'ai été surprise de voir que ce qui devrait être la leçon 1 n'est pour l'instant qu'une présentation en français/anglais.
- Je propose donc d'ajouter une page de présentations, d'y déplacer le contenu de cette page et de mettre ici une réelle leçon de français, qu'en dites-vous?
- Hi , I'm Virginie. I am french. I know many persons who learn french, and I think this site may help them a lot!
- But I am surprised to see that there is actually no lesson 1... would you mind if this list would be redirected to a presentation page and a real first lesson was posted here? (The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sariputra (talk • contribs) 13:57, 4 April 2008)
- Salut! Comment ca va? Je m'appelle Carla. I took one year of french at the Lycée français de Barcelone and I would like to continue learning french. I really would like to be able to communicate in french. A bientôt!, 12:15, 29 March 2008 (The preceding unsigned comment was added by Carlaenc (talk • contribs) 19:16, 29 March 2008)
- Salut! I'm Autumne. I used to live in Belgium and went to a Canadian school where I learned French, but I haven't spoken it in so long. I'm here to remember and hopefully learn so new things. (The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 00:01, 29 March 2008)
- Hi I'm Lynn. I want to learn French.And I hope get improvement here. User:Lynn cui, 10:05, 16 March 2008
- Shashikant Thorat, User:Shashithorat, 12:00, 19 March 2008
- hi im steve i hope to eventualy go to france (The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 04:54, 21 March 2008)
- Yo, what's up? My name's Samuel. I have learned some French, but it is sort of random. I would like to become extremely fluent. Here are some examples of my fluency: Je suis etudiant. Ou se trouve le lit? Parlez-vous francais? Parlez-vous anglais? Ou se trouvent les cartes de credit? Je suis un garcon. Je vais tres bien, merci. Enchante de faire votre connaissance. Comment allez-vous? Ca va? And that's pretty much it, all from memory. Forgive me for the lack of accent marks, I do not know how to do it on the keyboard. I know a lot more vocabulary, but I decided to just put phrases, like: Je voudrais le petit dejeuner. Je voudrais le sandwich au jambon. I would very much like to become utterly fluent. Au revoir. (The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 03:16, 22 March 2008)
- hi my name is irfan...french has too many verbs but still want to try again. (The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 15:45, 25 March 2008)
- Hello, I'm Jenny. I studied French at school and college, and I've visited France numerous times. It's been about 7 years since I left college and I've forgotten most of the language! I was never very good at grammar though, so I need to start again from scratch really. Fruity 15:35, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, I'm Kevin. I've been introduced to French in high school but would like to learn more for my France exchange trip next year. (The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 07:54, 28 March 2008)
hi Im Ranjana from India,I love words,they inspire me,move me,motivate me.By learning a new language i want to broaden my language horizon!Bingo
- Bonjour, Je m'appelle Jamiey. Going away on exchange to Quebec. Je suis tres enthusiastique!
- Salut, je m'appelle Nick, j'étudie le français et l'espagnol passionément! J'aime beaucoup les langues vivantes, et on jour je désire être diplomate des Etats-Unis à l'étrangère. Mais maintenant, je l'étudie et aider des autres étudiants du français me plaît beaucoup! (The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gia visto (talk • contribs) 04:02, 13 May 2008)
- Hello my name is Jaime and I am 14. I plan on moving to Canada some day and also visiting France. Spanish is so boring to be and everyone is learning it and I love how french sounds. I would just love to be able to be fluent in it.
Hi im Colin and im looking to learn French. An absolute beginner, and here goes! Good luck to everyone
Hello, my name is Adrian, I'm looking to learn a little French for when I travel later this year.--126.96.36.199 02:09, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
°Hello, my name is Chris, I'm looking to renew my french vocabulary. I was fluent in high school but it has been 7 years since I've spoken french. I love the language.
Hi Friends!! This is Dia from Brighton, U.K... i just wanna learn French...
- Bonjour! My name's Rebecca. And I like french :-)
- Bonjour!!!! Je m'appelle Danielle and i think this is great that people who love the French language are able to get lesson for free.
- Hey,My name is Tracy.I really want to learn French.Beginner very much but would appreciate if someone could help me out.ok lets start!!!
- Bonjour, Je m'appelle Samantha est je suis Francaise-Canadienne - but I live in an english part of the country and I'm forgetting my french - hoping this will help!
- Hello, this is Tarek from Jordan. I would love to learn French because I feel that it can benefit me in my career. I also feel that it would give me better insight into French culture. Thanks. Chagfeh 19:08, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
Hi My name is Krishna Tadepalli. From India :)
- Salut! Je m'appelle Keziah, et j'aime le francaise. I want to make some friends with french learners, too! :)
- Bonjour! My name's Mo. I live in the United States. I like to learn things!--Intocharm 23:48, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- I probably should backdate myself... But in any case, I'm attempting to update the pages as I learn. --Sigma 7 19:57, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- Zesso 21:46, 3 March 2009 (UTC) Hi, I'm Jimmy, and I want to learn French. I think the language is beautiful and English and the U.S. in general annoy me.
- Hi! I'm Michał from Poland. I have some friends in France and I would like to make a trip to France to visit them.
- hey...this is ankita from India...hv always wanted to learn french and here comes the chance :)
- Salut! My name is Ben. I'm from Washington State, in the USA. I'll be serving in Morocco with the Peace Corps and want to learn some French before I go.
- Salut, je m'appelle Joey. I am an Australian, I speak English and have just started learning French as a second language, using this resource for some extra help.
- Salut tout le monde!. I'm very new at this and I'm starting to love it already. Such an amazing language to learn/understand/speak. Raul (from Venezuela)
- Hi....this is varsha...from India
- Hi.. Jason from California.
- Hi This is Bronwen in Australia. I've been wanting to learn French for years, and now I'm going to!
- Hi, Matthew, I am. --Renddslow 03:10, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Hi there, I'm Lucas from Tasmania Australia!! I'm very keen to learn french after spending some time overseas it's one of many I'd love to be able to speak =)
- PJ from NJ, USA here. Looking forward to learning.
- Salut, je m'appelle Darrell. I hope I can get through some of these french courses.
- One more participant from India....Rajaram...
- Bonjour, je mapelle ScienceWhiz. I want to learn French and live in Paris someday! ScienceWhiz2000 20:16, 29 November 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, Ayla from Australia. I have forgotten all of my school French and am going to try and remember it!
- Hi, my name is Michael and I want to learn French to help me speak to a beautiful friend.
- Bonsoir! Je m'appelle Jeremy. I'm just starting to learn French through the University of South Africa and am using Wikiversity to supplement my other study materials. --Jeremy Reeder 00:18, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- --Jomsamson 00:38, 7 March 2010 (UTC). from Philippines.
- Bonjour, Je suis depuis en france 4 mois mais je ne parlent pas bien le français. Donc j'essayer apprendre trés rapide si possible! Cordialement, Jdrewitt 11:18, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
- Hi, I'm Kevin from Taiwan and I am interested in learning French.
- Hi, I'm John from America. I'm interested in learning French because I think languages are awesome! JohnnyG 08:36, 17 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hello, I'm Cris from the U.S. - I want to learn french and hopefully visit France eventually
- Bonjour! I'm Sarah from Indiana (US). I recently visited Quebec (Montreal, Quebec City, etc.) and loved their French culture so much, I intend to move there! However, before doing so I must learn French! So, here goes!
- Hello, I am Laura (Username: Factmagnet) from Colorado (USA) I speak Spanish almost fluently and would like to learn more languages because it is fun!
- Bonjour, my name is Jennifer and I am from the Midwestern US. I'm very excited to learn French!
- Bonjour! I'm Jay from Southampton, England. I used to hate French at school, but I now feel like I'm missing out on a useful skill.
- Hi I'm Juan Carlos and I love French. I want to learn it.
- Hi I'm Priel Aharonina and i like to learn english in my free time.
- Bonsoir! Je m'appelle Ragnar et j'habite maintenant en Islande. J'aime le français et je peux parler islandais, anglais et un peu chinois.
- Bonjour! Basically, I'm just interested in learning another language, and building on my knowledge of Spanish. 188.8.131.52 00:18, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
- salut friends, im mel :) im very intrested and exicited to learn french and hope to be better able to master the lannguage by the end of this course :)
- Bonjour, je m'appelle shawn. My soon to be step mother is from morocco and i want to be able to talk to my step mother and steps siblings easier.
- Bonjour, my name is Eofren. My native language is french. Heureux de vous apprendre le français et peut-être l'espéranto.
- Bon après midi, je m'appelle est Chuck. Je comprends et parle un peu français et je voudrais mieux parler et comprender. Je suis âgé Cinquante-sept ans. Mon dos me fait mal quand s'asseoir, mais je vais essayer de trouver un moyen d'apprendre le français. J'ai besoin de quelque chose qui me motive. J'apprécie toute l'aide. Je vous remercie pour vos efforts. Désole sur l'utilisation de Google Translator. Au moins je n'ai pas copier et coller. Je veux être capable de lire Flaubert. En fait, j'ai un dictionnaire français belle - Les Mansions plus courtes, ont acheté pour six dollars en Juillet vingt ans, 1986. Et j'ai téléchargé plusieurs livres de Flaubert à partir Librivox et Gutenberg gratuitement. Madame Bovary, et plusieurs autres. J'ai entendu Monsieur Flaubert est tout à fait un écrivain. Espérons que ce n'est pas quelqu'un trop effrayant que moi de tenter de lire son écriture. J'ai essayé d'apprendre le français en éncoutant les nouvelles, mais en général je essayer de rester à l'écart de la nouvelles - trop déprimant. Je pourrais continuer avec le sport, mais je n'aime vraiment ps le football bien. J'ai un dictionaire anglais merveilleuse - Webster nouveau dictionnaire international. Si quelqu'un peut suggérer un dictionnaire français comparables (on l'espère pour pas trop cher), je voudrais bien l'apprécier. Je suis désolé de qui est si longue. Espérons que Google Translator n'a pas tué française trop mal. J'ai un couple français livres d'étude de langue sur le Kindle. J'espère qu'ils vont m'aider. Je fais besoin d'aide (évidemment).
- Salut! Je m'appele Idorenyin Ukoh, Je suis Nigerian et j'aime la Francaise. J'espere que je peux parler et ecrire la lange. Bonne Journee
- Bonjour, je m'appelle Julia, et j'aime la langue français! C'est ma troisième langue, après l'anglais et l'espagnole. Je suis ici pour parfaire mon français, et je suis très heureuse pour practiquer avec n'importe qui. Bonne chance dans vos études!
- Bonjour! Je m'appelle FreeStanler (not my real name), je suis Sud-Afrique (not sure of spelling). Excited to have another source of French to learn from.