Feel free to read and discuss.
Readings[edit | edit source]
Civility in life[edit | edit source]
- Are you an asshole? - Take the ARSE, an asshole self-rating exam
- Bad is stronger than good: Why good bosses eliminate the negative first (Bob Sutton, Sep 12, 2010)
- Responding to hostile emails from high conflict personalities (Psychology Today, Dec 2, 2010)
Civility on the internet[edit | edit source]
- Someone is wrong on the internet (xkcd, Duty Calls)
- Is Internet Civility an Oxymoron? (The Wall Street Journal)
Civility in wiki[edit | edit source]
- Category:User essays on civility
- Wikiversity studies: Learning from conflict and incivility
- Etiquette - Wikiversity:Etiquette
- Wikiversity:Respect people
- Wikiversity Course on Virtues: Civility
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Civility costs nothing and buys everything." Lady Mary Wortley Montagu, 1689–1766
- "Judge man’s civility not by his compassion for his friends, but by his compassion for his enemies." - The Da Vinci Code, 2003
- "Civility: freedom from barbarity, kindness, politeness" (Samuel Johnston)
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Cortina, L. M., V. J. Magley, J. H. Williams, & R. D. Langhout (2001). Incivility in the workplace: Incidence and impact. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 6, 64-80.
Van Fleet, D.D. & Van Fleet, E.W. (2007). Preventing workplace violence: the violence volcano metaphor. Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship, 12, 17-30.