Now that you have gone through this experience, it is time for you to judge and share examples of problem-based learning that are on the educational portal MERLOT. The key is to focus on examples that include the three essential features of PBL. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the educational resource portal, MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Teaching Online) http://www.merlot.org/merlot/index.htm (Ctrl+click(PC) or Command+click (Mac) on the link to open the video in a new window.
- Search for "problem-based learning".
- Through your investigation, find either a resource that IS an example of problem-based learning OR that is NOT an example.
- Copy the web address and share the link under Spotting PBL: Share and Judge
- In addition to the web address, explain why it is or is not an example of problem-based learning.
- Feel free to add comments and feedback to your peers.
Let's continue to share and expand our knowledge base so we all can Spot PBL