ICT in Education/Change Projects/2016B Uganda Increasing ICT awareness
Title of the change project : Improving the Application of ICT knowledge in the teaching and learning process
Change agent : Namusobya Nasabu Wagwa
Email : email@example.com
Name of the organisation : Kampala Parents' School
Country : Uganda
Started date : October, 2016
Status (finished/ongoing) : Ongoing
1. Background of the project (problem): - Use of manual typewriters which could not store data. - Door-to-door message delivery. - Boring classroom l lessons delivery. - Teacher-Centred approach. - Lack of knowledge internationally. - Less knowledge and research.
2. Objectives : - To use the technology to communicate information to the pupils. - To acquire more knowledge and information on ICT since it is a key factor in the teaching and learning process in the modern world
- Apply ICT in the teaching process. - To make teaching environment live. - Changing the teaching methods from analogue to digital. - Create job makers and not job seekers.
3. Stakeholders : Teachers and pupils.
4. List of Activities : - Conduct four ICT seminars for teachers to learn different programs and how they can incorporate ICT in their teaching / learning
- Organise two seminars for teachers in the use of Internet - Hold three workshops for teachers to learn the use of ICT gadgets / software
5. Expected result ; - A change in the teachers and pupils as far as digital migration is concerned - Well equipped staff with ICT knowledge and learning materials to supplement their lessons. - Live and motivated working environment with the use of ICT. - Acquire ICT skills and be able to use the Internet to access knowledge that may be useful to their work
-Creation of business opportunities for students worldwide.
6. Actual result : Use of ICT for Globalization
7. The Project organisation : Life Academy 2016B
Last Updated : 13th September, 2016 Primary teachers Pupils.