ICT in Education/Change Projects/2015C Ethiopia ICT as a tool for teaching and learning
Title of the change project :
Multimedia platform with digital media for Ethiopian Secondary Schools.
Change agent :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of the organisation : Addis Ababa University
Country : Ethiopia
Started date : January 10, 2016
Status (finished/ongoing) : Ongoing
1. Background of the project (problem):
In Ethiopian secondary schools context, Textbooks are providing very limited compared to what it should be. Presenting the contents of the textbooks in multimedia (Videos, Pictures, Animations, Audios and others).
2. Objectives :
Digital present contents of Secondary school textbooks through a web based platform.
· This project is focused on Ethiopian Secondary School :
· All the subject matter structure should follow students text books.
· The content can be created by either the teacher or the student
3. Stakeholders : Secondary school teachers, students, project leader(s) and Funders.
4. List of Activities :
Step 2: Defining the textbook structure on the selected platform
Step 3: Selecting some group of motivated teachers and students and give short training on
· video editing and recording
· Audio editing
· Screen casting software
· Photography and picture editing tools eg. Photoshop
This step can be achieved in collaboration with Addis Ababa University ICT office Training and consultancy unit
Step 4: Organizing and Preparing Contents through multimedia
· Collecting pictures
· Making short videos
· Screen captures and screen cast videos
· All with exact structure of Secondary School Textbooks
Step 5 : Upload all materials generated on step 4 on the prepaid structure on step 2
· Follow the textbook structure
· Encourage student to prepare their own contents
· Teachers need to filter, supervise and improve the contents
5. Expected result :
Digital Textbooks for Ethiopian Secondary Schools.
6. Actual result :
· Better access to teaching and learning process
· Give additional skills to students and teachers
- Software skills
- Hardware skills
7. The Project organisation :
Last Updated :