ICT in Education/Change Projects/2014B Tanzania Using Online Web
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Project Title: Using Online Web Resources at DUCE
- Change agent (name): Esther E. Mallya
- Organization: Dar es Salaam University College of Education
- Problem Statement Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE) is a constituent college of University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) established to alleviate the acute shortage of primary and secondary teachers in the country. The use of ICT and in particular the web technology plays a crucial role in education. However, the use of web technology in education at DUCE is somehow low. The situation affects students who need knowledge from teachers (lecturers).
- Aims - To be able to identify relevant web-based resources, organise them and give guidance on its usage - To be able to evaluate e-resources that are mainly use in teaching and learning
- Approach/methods: (max 200 words)
- Results: (max 200 words) The change project will enable teachers (lecturers) to use web based technology and in particular resources such e-journals, e-articles, e-books, social medias etc in teaching. Thus, will bring a positive impact to students who to some extent depend on the knowledge and guidance from their teachers (lecturers).
- Conclusions and lessons learned (max 200 words)
- Stakeholders:DUCE lecturers
- Suggestions for the future (max 100 words)
- Key words: DUCE, ICT