ICT in Education/Change Projects/2014B Tanzania ICT Intregation In
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Project Title: ICT INTEGRATION IN SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS PEDAGOGICAL PRACTICES FOR MKINGA DISTRICT SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS
- Change agent (name): Shima D. Banele
- Organization: Mkinga District Council
- Problem: The district is experiencing shortage of science and mathematics teachers amounted to 24 who are supposed to teach 4,223 students, using traditional mode of pedagogical practice (100%) which makes them to experience tiresome job to meet the needs of all learners. Furthermore the science and mathematics performance of the students in the district is not excellent especially in their final examination (mass failures) and mostly has developed phobia to the mentioned subjects while lacking motivation.
- Aim (max 80 words): The objectives of the change project will be to: • Equip Mkinga district science and mathematics secondary school teachers knowledge and skills in application of ICT to pedagogical practices
- Approach/methods: Hands-on activities involving teachers to get skills and knowledge on basic application of Microsoft Office (Word Processing, Spreadsheet-excel, Power point and movie maker)
- Results: The Change project will lead to the following expectations:- • Having science and mathematics interactive teaching and learning process. • Motivate the students to learn science and mathematics • Increase students performance and results as the scope of learning will be extended from concentrating with printed materials to the use of interactive web materials through the use of internet • Increase science and mathematics teachers networking as they can access educational materials to and from different spectrum. • Reduce science and mathematics teachers tiresome job currently experienced.
- Conclusions and lessons learned:
- Stakeholders: Government, parents, teachers and education officers.
- Beneficiaries: Teachers, students and community
- Suggestions for the future:
- Key words: ICT,pedagogy, designing and development, interactive teaching and learning, interactive web resources.