Helping Give Away Psychological Science/Standard Operating Procedures/ OKRs
What is an OKR?[edit | edit source]
Objectives and key results is a goal-setting framework for defining and tracking objectives and their outcomes. HGAPS uses this system to organize projects and initiatives.
Please Read this Wikipedia page on OKRs.[edit | edit source]
Step-by-step of the OKR system[edit | edit source]
- Form an objective
- Come up with 3-5 key results that will lead to completion of that objective
- Assign a goal percentage completion value to each key result from 0% -100%
A worked example of the OKR system[edit | edit source]
Objective: Starting an HGAPS chapter
- KR 1: Obtaining a faculty advisor (1)
- KR 2: Become a recognized student organization on your campus (1)
- KR 3: Recruit 50 members (.7)
- KR 4: Elect officials and have effective and efficient executive meetings (.75)
KRs can also warrant their own sub-KRs depending on the scope of the project.
The goal is to have a 70% success rate. So, make goals that push you!
Work is based of the book Measure What Matters