Gospel of Thomas
The Gospel of Thomas is an early Christian gospel. It was discovered near Nag Hammadi, Egypt, in December 1945.
Gospel of Thomas with commentary
(3) Jesus said : "The Kingdom is inside You and outside You."
--> Awaken your inner happiness and you'll recognize the paradise in your world.
(8) Then He said : "A man is like a wise fisherman who casts his net into the sea and drew it up from the sea full of small fish. Among them he found a fine large fish. The wise fisherman threw all the small fish back into the sea and chose the large fish without hesitation. He who has ears to hear, let him hear."
-->The inner happiness is the big fish and the outer luck the small fishes.
(10) Jesus said : "I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I watch over it until it blazes up."
--> Jesus will protect us forever.
(25) Jesus said : "Love your brother like your own soul, watch over him like the apple of your eye."
--> Live in the all-embracing love.
(27) "If You do not fast as regards the world, You will not find the Kingdom. If You do not observe the Sabbath as Sabbath, You will not see the Father."
--> Stay away from worldly things and practice effectively your spiritual path.
(42) Jesus said : "Be passers-by."
--> Do not be attached by the world.
(47) Jesus said : "It is impossible to serve two masters."
--> You must decide if you want to serve God or to serve the world.
(49) Jesus said : "Fortunate are the alone and the elect, for they will find the Kingdom."
--> You reach a life in God via the path of seclusion (rest) and by the grace of God.
(50) Jesus said : "If they ask You : 'What is the sign of your Father in You ?, say to them : 'It is movement and rest.'
--> The optimal way of internal cleansing consists of rest and exercise. Sitting and walking in constant change, until the mind comes to rest. So you resolve the internal tensions and the light of God can flow into you.
(75) Jesus said : "Many stand outside at the door, but it is the solitaries who will enter the bridal chamber."
--> Those who live secluded (unattached) get the mystical marriage with God.
(77) Jesus said : "I am the All. Cleave a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up a stone, and You will find Me there."
--> God is a higher dimension of consciousness, which is in everything and everywhere.
(94) Jesus said : "He who seeks will find, and he who knocks will be let in."
--> Who consistently seeks God will find God. Who consistently goes his spiritual path will reach the goal.
(Quotes of the Gospel from http://www.sofiatopia.org/equiaeon/thomas.htm)