Exam 98-365: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals/Understanding Server Installation
This lesson covers Understanding Server Installation. It looks at device drivers, services, and server installation options.
Activity 1 - Understand Device Drivers[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: installation; removal; disabling; update/upgrade; rollback; troubleshooting; Plug & Play; IRQ; interrupts; driver signing.
- Read Driver Signing Requirements for Windows.
- Read Device Management and Installation Step-by-Step Guide.
Activity 2 - Understand Services[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: what services are; which statuses a service can be in; startup types; recovery options; delayed startup; Run As settings for a service; stopping or pausing a service; service accounts, dependencies.
- Read Configure a Service Item.
Activity 3 - Understand Server Installation Options[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: choosing correct OS version; partitioning; F8 options; server core vs. full; interactive install; unattended install; automated install using WDS; upgrade vs. clean install; firmware updates including BIOS.
- Read What is Unattended Installation?.
- Read Windows Deployment Services Getting Started Guide.
- Read Walkthrough: Build a Simple Answer File.