Electronic Processing of Paper based Surveys
Electronic processing of paper based surveys is a learning resource that support you
- (Create Questionnaire) in creating and printing a questionnaire on paper,
- (Scan completed Paper Questionnaires) Scanning the completed paper and pencil questionnaires and store them in Optical Mark Recognition Software (like SDAPS).
- (PDF Survey) create a automated survey document about the results and
- (Spread Sheet Results) export the generated spread sheet document.
Structure of the Learning Resource
SDAPS is used as an technical example to show the basic principles of Optical Mark Recognition. SDAPS used as example in this learning resource is an Open Source Software created and maintained by Benjamin Berg. The application of OpenSource software is integrated in this learning resource to support the Open Community Approach.
- Basic Concept of Optical Mark Recognition
- SDAPS Menu is used to guide you to the different steps of Optical Mark Recognition with menu driven approach. The screencast shows the workflow with the shell script SDAPSmenu.sh
Open Source Software
- SDAPS by Benjamin Berg 2018
- Download WebApp SDAPScreator from GitHub - You will get a ZIP-file from GitHub. Explore content on GitHub, what you can expect from the WebApp. Start the AppLSAC HTML5 application by starting `docs/index.html`. It runs offline and generates a questionnaire for you.
- Wikipedia:Optical mark recognition
- Open Community Approach
- Survey Design
- AppLSAC - learn about principles of privacy friendly applications in your browser, that run offline.
- SDAPScreator is privacy friendly application for creating a questionnaire for SDAPS offline in your browser without the need to install software.