EFL Interdisciplinary Projects/Teacher's Resources
|EFL Interdisciplinary Projects|
Here you will find resources for preparing new lessons organized by grammar topic and type of resource
Songs on grammar[edit | edit source]
Songs are powerful tools for learning vocabulary, rhythm and structures, from the most simple to the most complex ones. They may relate to strong emotional and cultural or social questions that make them more prone to memorizing. Different from texts and other textbook resources, songs will be carried out from the classroom, accompanying the students on their routine.
Videos[edit | edit source]
|Amazing Stories (2020 TV series) -
Life dramas, overcoming hardship, powerful women, bonding.
|Robot & Frank
Retired burglar forgetting things receives a butler robot.
Bonding, family, memories.
Speeches[edit | edit source]
- Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address - 'You've got to find what you love,' Jobs says. This is a prepared text of the Commencement address delivered by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, on June 12, 2005.
Intermediate[edit | edit source]
- Cross cultural communication | Pellegrino Riccardi | TEDxBergen - Pellegrino, being a cross cultural expert, he is sharing with us his personal and professional experience about how do very different cultures can successfully coexist next to each other. Is it difficult to live in Norway, being an expat? Do you know how to establish the mutual understanding between Italian and Norwegian?
Reading[edit | edit source]
General misc[edit | edit source]
- Digital Resources - For educators looking to infuse the arts into their educational practices, we’ve developed a robust collection of hundreds of digital learning resources: lessons, articles, performance guides, how-tos and much more.
- Garfield comic stripes
- Calvin & Hobbes comic stripes
Pre Intemediate and up[edit | edit source]
Personality test for inumerous purposes
- IDR lab Individual Differences Research - Take one of our free personality tests, many of which are based on peer-reviewed scientific research, and all of which are crafted by experts in psychometrics.
- Emotional Intelligence Test - The Global Emotional Intelligence Test uses 40 questions which are derived from, the Global EI Capability Assessment instrument, which will generate an EI profile of your scores.
- I Have a Dream With audio - Martin Luther King's Address Delivered at the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.
- ‘A few appropriate remarks’ became one of the most famous speeches in American history - President Abraham Lincoln delivering what became known as the Gettysburg Address at the dedication of the Soldiers’ National Cemetery in Gettysburg on Nov. 19, 1863.
Hollidays[edit | edit source]
- How Jack O’Lanterns Originated in Irish Myth- Basic - Video
- Jack-o'-lantern Wikipedia
- The story of Jack-o’-lantern: ‘If you knew the sufferings of that forsaken craythur’ - Intermediate
- Halloween 2020 History.com - Basic
- 20 terrifying two-sentence short horror stories that will make you hold your breath
- A Timeline of Horror Films -Basic
- Click If You Dare: 100 Favorite Horror Stories - Basic
- Literary terms - horror - Definition, types and examples of Horror in Literature
Tests[edit | edit source]
Grammar tests[edit | edit source]
- English Grammar Online - tests - very neatly organized list of tests by grammar topic in 3 levels. The tests are also very well designed.
Teacher's development[edit | edit source]
- Teaching Knowledge Test Recommended minimum language level: Independent English language user (CEFR Level B1 and above)