Electronic Proofs in Education
The open E-Proof System developed within the collaborative project “QED” (Quality of E-Proofs in Education, http://e-proof.weebly.com/) is supposed to support teachers in their teaching and in creating active learners. In mathematics education, the teaching of reasoning skills plays a major role. These skills form the basis for proofs of mathematical statements and contexts dealt with in higher school-grades in different contexts. It is especially logical reasoning that supports the formation of understanding. This course supports you in creating an electronic proof with existing OpenSource web applications in an educational setting in mathematics. The learner should be supported and guided to prove a given theorem. An educational e-proof environment is regarded as the preliminary step towards a complete proof with paper and pencil.
The course consists of the following modules with the respective learning goals:
- Learn the background of the e-proof-system and the basic functions of the e-proof system.
- Learn to install the authoring support for the e-proof environment.
- Learn the basic functions of the authoring support system.
- Learn to decompose an easy proof into proof fragments.
- Learn to implement the developed proof into the e-proof system as proof puzzle.
- Learn to save the proof in the desirable format.
Second module[edit | edit source]
- Learn to implement the proof into IMathAS.
- Learn to use IMathAS as assessment tool.
- Learn to implement the proof into a homepage as HTML.
- Learn to link the proof-system to a database.
Third module[edit | edit source]
- Learn to develop distractors from typical student errors.
- Learn how to ascertain new distractors from student solutions.
Fourth module[edit | edit source]
- Support for own proofs, which are supposed to be implemented.
- Learn to use the IMathAS library.
- Learn to share proofs as OER in the IMathAS library as community of practice.