Welcome to the Wikiversity resource on Doing Science.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
This learning project is devoted to the idea that a good way to learn about science is to do science. The Doing Science project will provide learners with an environment full of activities and learning projects. By participating in these learning projects, you can learn what science is and how science is done, While doing science, you can learn what the past discoveries of science have been and what current scientific investigations are underway. The ultimate goal is to provide participants with science literacy and the ability to use science as a tool for exploring the world.
How to start[edit | edit source]
- ask questions - Make use of talk pages.
- explore - look for activities and learning projects that are related to your interests; if you do not find what you are looking for, create a new wiki page for that topic.
- describe what you learn - this wiki learning environment is all about collaborative learning. Doing science is also a social process.
- critique, correct and be open to correction. We learn from our errors.
Where to start[edit | edit source]
- Your interests. Start with what you find most interesting
- Historical perspective. Explore how science has changed and grown through time
- Cutting edge. Start with the exciting science projects that are going on in the world today.
- Perception and knowing. How is it possible to know anything?