Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Twitter is an American online microblogging and social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as “tweets”.
- CEO: Jack Dorsey
- Most active audience on Twitter is between age 18 to 29.
- Minimum age to be on Twitter: 13
- 126 million daily users
- Originally a microblogging site, Twitter is now popularly known as a social networking site.
- Twitter is available in 61 languages.
- 80% of 193 UN member countries have a Twitter presence.
- It has a unique interface that allows open access, which enables a faster and more efficient way to spread information.
- Hybrid media source: forum, news outlet, personal communication portal, concise information, can post pictures and videos, etc.
- Hashtag culture: first social media platform where hashtags were popularised.
Twitter can be utilised for learning, research, and teaching, if one desires. Learning on Twitter is quite possible if one has the intention to do so.
See also[edit | edit source]
- identi.ca — an alternative microblogging service, running on free software
- Wikiversity:Twitter — about the Wikiversity Twitter account
- Microblogging — about microblogging in general
- You can use Twitter to advertise your own developments e.g games and apps with unreal engine so that you can target the people who are interested in that particular search or what you are developing.
- Spread of information on Twitter