Typing is the process of writing or inputting text by pressing keys on a typewriter, keyboard, cell phone, or a calculator. It can be distinguished from other means of text input, such as handwriting and speech recognition.
Learners should practice typing for fifteen minutes each day until their typing speed is at least 30 words per minute.
Multimedia[edit | edit source]
Tutorials for Children[edit | edit source]
Tutorials for Children and Adults[edit | edit source]
- Typing.com: Learn to Type
- Type Online
- Nitro Type Competitive Typing
- FunToType Typing Games
- TypeRush Worldwide Typing Racing Game
Tutorials for Adults[edit | edit source]
- GCFLearnFree.org: Typing Tutorial
- GCFLearnFree.org: Keyboard Shortcuts
- DigitalLearn.org: Getting Started on the Computer - the Keyboard
- Typing Study - Free online touch typing lessons, speed tests, typing games
- Sense Lang - Online touch typing lessons