Computer Networks/Tools and Utilities
This lesson covers network tools and utilities.
Objectives and Skills
Objectives and skills for the network tools and utilities portion of Network+ certification include:
- Given a scenario, analyze and interpret the output of troubleshooting tools
- Command line tools
- Line testers
- Cable tester
- Light meter
- Toner probe
- Speed test sites
- Looking glass sites
- WiFi analyzer
- Protocol analyzer
- Wikipedia: Network utility and related articles.
- YouTube: Command Line Tools - CompTIA Network+ N10-006 - 4.2
- YouTube: Physical Testing Tools - CompTIA Network+ N10-006 - 4.2
- YouTube: Web-based Troubleshooting Tools - CompTIA Network+ N10-006 - 4.2
- YouTube: Protocol Analyzers - CompTIA Network+ N10-006 - 4.2
Network tools and utilities have been used throughout this course. The following activities may be used for review.
- Use data link layer utilities:
- Use network layer utilities:
- Use transport layer utilities:
- Use application layer utilities: