Course Information[edit | edit source]
Class Objective[edit | edit source]
This course will take a total of 6 weeks to complete. Using the resources, information, and the materials provided, the students will be able complete the final exam, an assessment which measures the knowlege of the learners, with an acceptable performance, as described in the class rubric.
Class Rubric[edit | edit source]
- Below 59%-F
Course Instructor's Letter[edit | edit source]
My name is Franco L. Lucien, and I will be your instructor for this course. If you've wondered about what qualifies me to teach this subject, it's years of personal studies and living experience. I've lived in Haiti for over seven years, but once I got back to the States, I just had to go back and take a year of college level courses on the history of the island. Before, I've just read and heard stories about it's past, hence I took such an obsessive interest on the subject and began three years of personal studies.
I will be available to answer your questions. You can either go to my user page, and send me a quick email, or you can drop a note on either the course talk page or mine.
Class Material[edit | edit source]
- Unit 1-Age of Discovery
- Unit 2-Spanish Colonization of Haiti
- Unit 3-French Colonization of Haiti
- Unit 4-Piracy and the Caribbean
- Unit 5-Revolutions
Class Syllabus[edit | edit source]
- Students will turn in assignments at the end of every week (Friday)
- There will be a set of vocabs, including terms and concepts at the beginning of each unit; questions and essays; and check-point quizes at the end of each unit.
- The learner may send assignments electronically through email, except for the check-point quizes, which are simply as means of evaluating the understanding of each unit, and therefore will not count towards the students accumulative grade.
- Week 1
- Age of Discovery (reading)
- Chk-pt quiz
- Week 2
- Week 3
- Week 4
- Week 5
- Week 6
Questions[edit | edit source]
If you've got any questions, edit this space here and post your questions. Alternatively, you can leave you messages either on my talk page, or the course talk page. Either way, I will do my best to answer you every questions within a timely manner.
Student Registration[edit | edit source]
Please, include your signatures here if you are interested in following through with this course. After doing so, you will automatically become active, thus this course begins thereafter.