Characteristics of research
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Features of Research
- Empirical - based on observations and experimentation on theories.
- Systematic - follows orderly and sequential procedure.
- Controlled - all variables except those that are tested/experimented upon are kept constant.
- Employs hypothesis - guides the investigation process
- Analytical - There is critical analysis of all data used so that there is no error in their interpretation
- Objective, Unbiased, & Logical - all findings are logically based on empirical
- Employs quantitative or statistical methods - data are transformed into numerical measures and are treated statistically.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Thinking Scientifically
- Writing discipline specific research papers
- Wikipedia: Research
- Wikibooks: Research Methods
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Feigenbaum, Edward A.; McCorduck, Pamela (1983). The fifth generation: Artificial intelligence and Japan's computer challenge to the world. ISBN 978-0-201-11519-2.
- Kendal, Simon; Creen, Malcolm (2006-10-04). An Introduction to Knowledge Engineering. ISBN 978-1-84628-475-5.
- Russell, Stuart Jonathan; Norvig, Peter (1995). Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach. ISBN 0-13-103805-2.