Characteristics of research
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Features of Research
- Empirical - based on observations and experimentation on theories.
- Systematic - follows orderly and sequential procedure.
- Controlled - all variables except those that are tested/experimented upon are kept constant.
- Employs hypothesis - guides the investigation process
- Analytical - There is critical analysis of all data used so that there is no error in their interpretation
- Objective, Unbiased, & Logical - all findings are logically based on empirical
- Employs quantitative or statistical methods - data are transformed into numerical measures and are treated statistically.
- Russell, Stuart; Norvig, Peter (1995). Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach (PDF). Simon & Schuster. pp. 22–23. ISBN 0-13-103805-2. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Kendal, S.L.; Creen, M. (2007), An introduction to knowledge engineering, London: Springer, ISBN 978-1-84628-475-5, OCLC 70987401
- Feigenbaum, Edward A.; McCorduck, Pamela (1983), The fifth generation (1st ed.), Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, ISBN 978-0-201-11519-2, OCLC 9324691
- Potter, Steven. "A Survey of Knowledge Acquisition from Natural Language" (PDF). Technology Maturity Assessment (TMA). Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- Benjamin W. Bendova.