Brezhoneg Tri/Lesson 1:Possession[edit | edit source]
- How to say "I have"
- How to ask "Have you got something"
In English, you say the verb "to have" to say you have something.
In Breton, the literal translation is There is ___ to-me
Emañ ... din. or Emañ din ... .
- Emañ - there is
- din - to-me
- to-me - din
- to-you - dit
- to-him - dezhañ
- to-her - dezhi
- to-us - deomp
- to-you (pl.) - deoc'h
- to-them - dezho
Then when placed with Emañ there is they become:
- Emañ ____ din - There is ____ to me = I have ____
- Emañ ____ dit - There is ____ to you = You have ____
- Emañ ____ dezhañ - There is ____ to him = He has ____
- Emañ ____ dezhi - There is ____ to her = She has ____
- Emañ ____ deomp - There is ____ to us = We have ____
- Emañ ____ deoc'h - There is ____ to you (pl.) = You (pl.) has ____
- Emañ ____ dezho - There is ____ to them = they have ____
If you wish to ask Do you have? you make the form as in other questions
- Eus _____ dit? - Is there ____ to you? = Do you have ____?
- Ur pluen 'zo dit? Ez eus. Emañ ur pluen din.
- Is there a pen to-you? There is. There is a pen to-me
- Do you have a pen? Yes, I have a pen.
Make up 5 examples of your own, using the format shown above.