Bible/King James/Documentary Hypothesis
The documentary hypothesis specifies a number of sources (traditionally known as J, E, P, and D) for the Torah. These translations are based on the King James version of the Bible. This learning resource is one possible way of applying the documentary hypothesis.
The resource provides two ways to view the sources. The first method highlights the various sources as one reads through the Bible. The second method extracts each source's content from the Bible, and compiles it into a single, flowing document.
The text with sources highlighted
- JE source ("JE")
- Priestly source ("P")
- The narrative elements of P
- The legal elements in "P"
- Ritual elements in "P"
- Tallies in "P"
- Genealogies in "P"
- Specifications of the components of Israel in "P"
- Deuteronomist source ("D")
- First Deuteronomist Version ("Dtr1")
- Additions for the Second Deuteronomist Version ("Dtr2")
- Redaction Sources ("R")