Australian Vocational Education and Training/ICTWEB501 Build a dynamic website
ICTWEB501 - Build a dynamic website[edit | edit source]
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to analyse and design websites to meet technical requirements.It applies to individuals working as web developers who are responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and testing of websites.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
Elements and Performance Criteria[edit | edit source]
After studying this unit you will be able to:
- Define and analyse the technical requirements
- Identify the business requirements and appropriate standards
- Determine and document, the purpose, expectations and functionality of the website
- Analyse the user-interface design requirements, including user needs, design principles and operating systems
- Produce the software design specifications
- Produce a hierarchy of the website showing navigation
- Ensure that the content is logical and accessible to the user
- Produce the prototype of the user interface
- Determine and document, the architectural requirements
- Design the data storage requirements
- Develop the website to the specified design
- Create the software components of the website
- Test the components of the website
- Integrate the components to produce the web application
- Test the web application
- Test the website against the requirements
- Complete and document the design structure
- Obtain client feedback and adjust web applications as appropriate
Readings[edit | edit source]
Find links to add to this section on the ntisthis.com links page
Activities[edit | edit source]
- Click on the 'Discuss' tab at the top of the page and introduce yourself
- Rewrite one of the Elements or Performance Criteria in the Objectives section in plain language. Imagine that it starts with the words: "After studying this subject I will be able to..." For example a performance criteria that reads: "Work area is prepared to support efficient installation of sewage discharge pipes" is full of puff. It could be changed to read: "Set up a work area for installing sewage discharge pipes"
- Find relevant links and add them to the Readings section. When adding a link use the Edit Summary field to comment on why you chose that link and which objectives it addresses.
- Create and/or link Key Terms to relevant articles in WikiCommons, Wikibooks, Wikipedia or Wiktionary
- Add a quiz question to the Review section. This could be based on any of the objectives, required skills and knowledge or key terms. Or you could base it on information found via the links in the readings section. Here are some tips for writing better quiz questions.
- For bonus marks, write a challenge and add it to the Challenges section.
Key Terms[edit | edit source]
Review Questions[edit | edit source]
Challenges[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
The template for this subject was genreated by NTISthis!