Psycholinguistics/Semantic processing of syntactic structure in sentence comprehension
Semantic Processing of Syntactic Structure in Comprehension: The Differences and Similarity of Semantic and Syntactic in Chinese and English
The purpose of this research paper is to explore the differences and similarity of semantic and syntactic in Chinese and English. I will talk about the main differences of Chinese and English. Such as English is alphabetic language and it associates with phonemes. Chinese is morphological language which is structured by graphic units. Also these two languages have very different grammar systems. All these differences can effect how brain processes information. (200 words)
Part 1: I will talk about differences and similarity of semantic and syntactic in Chinese and English. (1200 words).
• Briefly explain the grammar systems in Chinese, what is the differ from English.
• How researchers design studies to find the processing in English speakers.
• How researchers design studies to find the processing in Chinese speakers.
• Compare the results from these studies, and find what are the differences and similarity.
Part 2: I will briefly talk about brain activation in the processing of Chinese and English. (300words)
• English: left hemisphere, special for right hand people.
• Chinese: more activate in right parts of brain. Different part of the right brain work together to process information.
Part 3: Discussion (300 words )
• Talk about the value of doing these types of research.
• The limitations of the contemporary studies.
• Future directions.