WordPress/e-learning/RuralWeb&Soft Production Africa e-learning
PART -1:- Introduction to RuralWeb & Soft Production Africa
- What is RuralWeb?
- What is Soft Production Africa?
- What is RuralWeb and Soft Production Africa
- Why RuralWeb and Soft Production Africa?
- Benefits and opportunities to the students for joining RuralWeb ICT programme?
- Introducing Students on What we would be Doing-WEBSITE.
OBJECTIVES OF PART 1
- Participant should have a clear view of RuralWeb and Soft Production Africa
- Participant should be able to have a proper understanding of what the programme is all about.
- Participant should be inspired to apprecaite with a positive end of the programme in mind.
- Participant should understand the benefits of joining the programm
- Participant should know the likely opportunities (career,financial,etc) they would have when they participate passionately in the program.
- Participant should know Ruralweb.info ,like Ruralweb page on facebook and should use that as a platform to ask ICT questions
- What is website?
- Purpose of a website
- Types of website
- Features of a good website,etc
- Who is a webdesigner/Developer and how to reach proffesional level?
- Why learn website designing?
- Some tools for designing a website.
- Why choosing wordpress?
- What are the benefits of wordpress to the Developer,Host and End-User.
- Features of wordpress.
- Understanding the basics of wordpress and website designing.
- What you need to know as a web developer/designer.
- An introduction Video of a website designed using wordpress.
- What to do or kow before installation of self-hosted wordpress- (e.g System Requirements,webhost compactibility with wordpresss.text editor software,FTP Client software,etc)
Resources we already have:
- Sandbox to practice website making in WordPress, Drupal and Joomla!
- Tech Support Ghana: possible cooperation in WordPress learning circles (we can strengthen eachother: they already have the experience, we have ICT-coaches and a community. We can share e-courses, and a platform for sharing!) Also see: default program schedule and facilitator agreement that techsupport is using.
- (online) ICT coaches from De Vries Workforce Management (2h per month) and some others!
- Content: https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/WordPress and e-book WordPress (see attachment)
- iMonitoring – they can help us (for free) to search the web for content / info.
PASSION and SUPPORT
- An assignment to work on to make a website (preferable a local client -with whom you can have face-to-face contact): e.g. 4 weeks training with a group of youngsters learning about website making + 4 weeks working in a team of 4 to make a website (the client pays how satisfied he is with the end-product – the more professional we get – the more business-like we can offer website-making, so that the website makers will earn an income with it.
- To be discussed after pilot: e.g. 10% of earnings go to who brings in the assignment; 90% to website maker.
- How and where to install wordpress - root directory,subdirectory or just making a test site.
- Installation of wordpress
- Hosting of wordpress
- Editing of wp-config.php file
- Wordpress settings and configurations
- Using FTP Client and software
- Changing file permission.
- How to have a wordpress account
- Create a wordpress.com account
- Picking your webaddress
- Chosing a plan(basic-free)
- Setting up public profile
OBJECTIVES OF PART 2
- Participant should be able to understand the concept of a website
- Participant should be know some tools for desiginng a website
- Participant should understand what wordpress is
- Participant should have a wordpress account.- usuall for assignment refencing for tutors and the community(Ruralweb) to access students.
PART 3 - SETTING UP WORDPRESS
- The concept of interface
- Designing the interface
- What is a theme!
- How to install a wordpress theme on your website or blog
- How to install wordpress theme on your computer
- How to edit wordpress theme
- What is theme customisation ?
- Why do we customise a theme?
- How to customise a wordpress theme to style your website.
- Developing your own theme
- What is theme framework?
- Dealing with theme framework
- What is a widgets?
- Importance of widget to a website developer and end-uers
- How to use widgets in wordpress.
- How to install widgets or embed widgets.
- How to use widgets to update a sidebar ith images and text.
- What are website layouts?
- Chosing your own layouts
- Creating a layout
- Embeding of website layouts
- Testing of your layouts
- What is a plugin/wordpress plugin?
- Importance of plugin to a website developer and end-uers
- How to use plugin in wordpress and activate them.
- Essential plugins for wordpress websites
- How to install plugin or embed other plugins.
- How to use plugin to update a sidebar ith images and text.
- What is a template
- Where to find templates
- How to edit wordpress templates
- How to work with template tags
- Editing with wordpress
- Developing your own wordpress template.
- How to add a category
- How to use tags
- How to insert photos,link photos,embed photos,etc
- How to create pages as content
- How to easily add a video,link,embed videos,
- How to make a presentation or slide
- How to use wordpress image editor
- What are posts and pages?
- How to write a post to create a content in wordpress
- Dealing with pages, fonts,styles,Headings,footters,navigating menu.
- How to create a link (Text or Image ) Using HTML code in Wordpress
- How to use Wordpress Dashboard.
- How to prevent spam on your site
- How to create space to online advertisement and marketing
- Administrating your wordpress page.
- Creating gallery blogs
- What is a stats plugin for site and visitor analysis?
- Importance of stats plugin to a website developer and end-uers
- How to use stats plugin in wordpress
- How to view,analyse and improve your wordpress stats pugin to attract more visitors
- How to install stats plugin or embed other stats plugins.
- How to use plugin to update a sidebar with images and text.
- What is an API key?
- How to find API key in wordpress
- What is a Cpanel.ully backup your wordpress site in Cpanel
- How to fix browser bugs,css troubleshotting.
- Tips and techniques in WORDPRESS AND website desigining.
- What is a website proposal
- How to write a good website proposal
- How to generate income with you website.
- How to write a good Curriculum Vitae
- How to start your own bussines with the knowledege gain .
- Some question to ask before designing a website on your own!!
- What am i going to do with this?
- Who is going to read- targetted group/individuals
- What kind of message am i broadcasting?
- Who are you doing this for
- How often would i be posting and updating.