The Advent of WikiCredentials ( Wikicreds. )
" WIKICREDS " A BOLD LIMITLESS VISION
Hello Friends, Teachers and Fellow Students, My name is Gaon, and I firmly believe Wikiversity should include " WikiCredentials " ( WikiCreds ) upon the completion of Testing courses. This would inspire Millions around the world to learn and challenge our societies present accredidation system... and change our culture's perception of credentialism. It is time for freedom of thought to Flourish, where anyone can learn and be accredited, regardless of age, mental capacity, location, economic status or the inability to pay tuition. Wikiversity could rival and surpass the Best education available, If we have the desire and diligence to fulfill this Grand Vision........
it would be The Most Good for the Most People, Literally, Billions of people. Do we have what it takes to fulfill this expansive, innovative and BOLD endeavor?
Kind regards, Intelligent Discussion Welcomed.
Sincerely Gaon Abhinava 20:22, 23 July 2011 (UTC) 15:39, 23 July 2011 (UTC) 14:39, 23 July 2011 (UTC)03:09, 23 July 2011 (UTC) 7/22/2011 10:08pm
Questions and Answers'
( Q )
What does "credential" mean to you? What does "WikiCredential" mean to you? What do you consider to be the differences and similarities between "credential" and "WikiCredential"? -- darklama 15:56, 23 July 2011 (UTC)
( A )
Wikicredentials would be the equivalent of Bachelors,Associates, Masters and Docters degrees, Along with Re-Certifications and continuing education amongst the many Skills that exist in the Global workforce.
The Similarities between Credentials and WikiCredentials = They are both Evidence or testimonials concerning one's right to credit, confidence, or authority.
The Differences Between Credentials and WikiCredentials = WikiCreds are Free to earn by effort, Traditional Credentials cost thousands of dollars.
Gaon Abhinava 20:22, 23 July 2011 (UTC) 16:11, 23 July 2011 (UTC)
I am not sure that it is realistic to hope to create qualifications which are generally regarded as the equivalent of the various degrees mentioned above. I would advocate a more modest proposal of building up modular units representing so many hours of study at the relevant standard. I have also noticed that marking and assessing is often considered a chore by academics, and I do not understand what would motivate suitably qualified people to make the effort to do this aside from a salary.
As regards the difference between other credentials and wikicreds, I am aware of all sorts of traditional creds which are based on the recipient providing socially usefully labour to an organisation in return for a qualification. Indeed the traditional apprenticeships of Europe worked this way for several centuries.Leutha 22:03, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
The 1st Proposal
I would like to make this brief, but it is hard to make a big idea brief, I will Simplify, but there are many Factors.
Wikicredentials, in Simple Terms, is your virtual recorded proof, of High quality distance education, made available to the Populace of the Entire World, Through the Internet,
Very In-expensively.--Gaon Abhinava 01:53, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
Ok, wikiversity has dicussed this before, Obviously, but will we Act on this obvious opportunity, before someone else does?
I'm going to be Blunt, If this idea is possible, would benefit Mankind, and is probably going to be started by someone in the world anyway....Why not Act now on these ideas and have a head start, being the global leader of distance education ? Wikicreds. Type Ideas may be a Future Trend.
It will be hard work, but we can do it, and have fun too.
We must research and Learn from History, the Various Educational Structures , their systems, Strengths and Weaknesses, Mimic the Actions of their Success, and Avoid their Failures. Applying our discoveries, to the Modern Educational System of Distance Learning.
We would need, designed Automated Software, to Create Testing Material, to meet the Demand of the Collective Student Body , along with other imaginative innovations, like Virtual Agents and Combinations of existing interactive software. Think fast, effective and stream-lined, it has to be , for millions of students.
I would like WikiCredentials to be Freely Given, but for the Vision of Wikicreds. to Work, ( in the beginning ) people may have to pay a little money, to Create Jobs for Teachers, and Administrators . Until the System Grows Exponentially... If we had at least 100 Thousand STUDENTS, Each Paying $50. - $100. , Per Semester, this would Generate an income of around $ 8 Million, every Semester, for our Budget.
What if we had, 5 million Students?..... how about 1 B-illion Students? The More Students we Enroll, The Less Tuition would be charged per Semester, what is 1 billion x $2.00 ? This means that tuition would Fluctuate according to school attendence.
We could also Partner with investors, or Face Book. etc...
The biggest point I want to make, is that Wikicredentials Could still be Earned at home, ( internet connect. ) ....while Sheltering in place, during an event such as an economic collapse, Massive inflation or natural disaster etc..All these scenarios are possible, look at modern facts of current reality.
. People would still be getting educated, instead of sitting around basket-cased. This is thinking ahead.
We must Think Big, and Not impose the Hindrances of "Limitation" or "distortion" to our Thinking. There are Multiple Variations, Additions and simplifications, to these ideas.
Thanks, I would like to hear every question imaginable in regards to this, even Wikiversity itself is Built by asking Questions --Gaon Abhinava 01:15, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Would something like Wikimaster on wikieducator fit the bill?Leutha 17:00, 23 July 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, Wikimasters can earn WikiCreds. also, it is Continuing education. Anybody in the world can earn WikiCreds.... if they have determination, time, and internet access. -- Gaon Abhinava 20:22, 23 July 2011 (UTC) 17:26, 23 July 2011 (UTC) 7/23/2011 12:26pm
Developing a good reputation
- What also is required is a reputable structure which has sufficient recognition for the qualification to be of value, staff to provide the assessment process, if not actually run courses. How are these problems to be addressed?Leutha 22:03, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
We could consider "Solidifying" online educational Text books, so they are not editable, once we write them Accurately, to prevent Sabotage and disruption of Wikiversity. votes can be taken, to change content, but only if deemed Progressive and Accurate--Gaon Abhinava 04:26, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- I find uploading pdfs which can be used as aids is very effective way of doing this. It means that the document cannt just be changed. However it also emans that deivative versions can also readily be produced.Leutha 20:40, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
- There is a simpler way. Pages may be protected so that only custodians may edit them. We have no resources, to my knowledge, ready for such protection. Another device would be that a course may have a list of versions of pages. Except for deletion by custodians, revisions in page history may not be edited. A related facility is semiprotection, which restricts editing by editors not registered or not having edited for a certain time and with a certain minimum number of edits.
- However, Gaon, voting to change pages introduces a complex structure, and we have enough trouble encouraging people to participate at all. Who votes? Everyone? How do people know that a vote is taking place? Yes, it can be done, but ... I'm encouraging you to get involved in creating content and in supporting the wiki in other ways, so that you can better see what it is you are trying to improve. We have very little difficulty here with "sabotage and disruption," and there would be little support for protecting pages at this time. I will consider, however, proposing that certain kinds of protection could be routine, i.e., done on request by any established user. Finished textbooks, however, should go to Wikibooks. --Abd 13:41, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
We can use Automated software to help with the assessment process. Courses, Tests, and the entire System can be made faster and easier. Maybe use many virtual agents, to answer and direct Students, according to the possible communication that may be prompted.--Gaon Abhinava 04:26, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
Virtual Report Card
To Simplify this, We could create Wikicredentials, to be as Simple as an official virtual Report card, from Wikiversity. Stating your test Scores, Aptitude, I.Q, Etc... Thus Determining your Mental Capacity and Progress from your Last Report Card Of Wikicredentials.... Or it could be a Virtual Certificate, Stating your Completion of High Quality Education Courses,
According to Specific Guidelines and criteria, We could make this a Reality. very simply, Do we have to have someone else's permission to give Virtual Certificates upon the completion of Courses?--Gaon Abhinava 04:26, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
The Establishment of WickiCredentials
We need to raise awareness of this idea, and determine if we will get a great return on this investment. This is a team effort, and strategic plans can be Formulated to construct it's Genesis. -- Gaon Abhinava 20:24, 23 July 2011 (UTC) 20:02, 23 July 2011 (UTC)