Wikiversity:In the media
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How does the outside world see Wikiversity?
Please add here any mention of Wikiversity in the media.
- March 2012
- "Just as an FYI, Wikiversity has been placed among the 'top picks' for this Google+ education list. It has been shared over 2000 times since its original posting."Wikiversity user: Jade Knight in the Wikiversity:Colloquium/archives/March 2012..
- November 2008
- 'Free Software Gets An Education
- Wikiversity Gains Momentum
- Wikiversity eyes strong growth over next few years
- October 2006
- The Pacer: "Five web sites to learn something, do something, or kill time" - short page which briefly mentions Wikiversity. (10th October, 2006)
- December 2005
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: "Wikipedia, the Free Online Encyclopedia, Ponders a New Entity: Wikiversity" (16th December, 2005)
- New structures for lifelong global education chapter of The Future of Higher (Lifelong) Education
- Wikiversity: Una universidad online abierta al saber
- wikiversity "Conference Review" by Peter Mulholland; Journal of Emergency Primary Health Care; Vol.4, Issue 4, 2006. ( pdf version)
- Topps, D. "Sharing medical educational resources using free and open-source software." in 7th Annual WONCA Rural Health Conference - Transforming Rural Practice Through Education. 2006. Seattle, WA, USA.
- "Access to Global Learning: A Matter of Will" by Steven R. Van Hook; Education Resources Information Center; (ERIC Document No. ED492804); April 27, 2006.
- "Organic Education: Nine Best Internet Tools" by John Paull.
- "Using Wiki to Promote Collaborative Learning in Statistics Education" by Dani Ben-Zvi; Technology Innovations in Statistics Education; Volume 1, Issue 1, 2007, Article 4; Page 4.
- "One Laptop Per Teacher: Content and Curriculum for (in-service) Teacher Training" by Ian Kennedy, Delia Pass and Roxan Cadir; Proceedings of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference 2007; pp. 2564-2569.
- "Bootstrapping a Semantic Wiki Application for Learning Mathematics" by Claus Zinn.
- "Beyond Difference: Reconfiguring Education for the User-Led Age" by Axel Bruns; Proceedings ICE 3: Ideas, Cyberspace, Education.
- "The Challenges and Successes of Wikibookian Experts and Wikibook Novices: Classroom and Community Collaborative Experiences" by Suthiporn Sajjapanroj, Curt Bonk, Mimi Lee and Meng-Fen Grace Lin.
- "Wiki or Won't He? A Tale of Public Sector Wikis" by Marieke Guy; Ariadne, Issue 49; October 2006.
- "Wikis and Wikipedia as a Teaching Tool" by Piotr Konieczny; International Journal of Instructional Technology and Distance Learning;January 2007, Vol. 4, No. 1.
- "New-Media Art Education and Its Discontents" by Trebor Scholz.
- "Wikiversity; or education meets the free culture movement: An ethnographic investigation" Norm Friesen, Janet Hopkins (First Monday, Volume 13 Number 10 - 6 October 2008
See also[edit source]
- Wikiversity in the media - Participants in this learning project explore how Wikiversity is portrayed by outside observers and collaborate to improve Wikiversity's media profile.