Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Carry out a questionnaire or an interview survey, for example regarding:
- To what extent is it considered acceptable to use Wikipedia as source in student essays?
- To what extent does systematic bias exist on Wikipedia?
- What causes subjective enforcement of the Wikipedia policies?
- What measures are most efficient in improving the reliability of Wikipedia?
- Arrange a blind test measurement of the quality of a certain Wikipedia language version in comparison to a commercial encyclopedia
- Carry out a case study, evaluating the success of some wiki site.
- Study Wikipedia statistics
- Write a review paper on a few research articles or some master theses related to wikis and Wikipedia, compare their conclusions and argue for your own opinion on the matter
Suggested technical projects in computer science
- Install, configure, administrate and build up your own wiki
- Evaluate some new MediaWiki extension or application
- Program a MediaWiki robot script
- Suggest and specify the development of some new MediaWiki application or extension, and develop a first prototype or demonstrator
- Write a review paper on some technical research articles or a Master of Science theses related to wiki technology.