WikiJournal User Group/Languages/Draft
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Translation report[edit | edit source]
Here is a return about how I've translated an original article coming from fr.Wikiversity :
- Import from fr.wikiversity to en.wikivesity by a custodian/curator or copy past the wikicode and leave a permalink to the fr.wikiversity page on resume box.
- Adapt all template from French to English (big deal) using find and replace tool and some time the visual editor to translate something in the template parameter.
- Open the page in French with the visual editor on en.wikiversity and a second one for the future English version
- Copy and paste a chapter or some paragraph in DeepL.com (free version) or other automatic text translator.
- Copy and paste its translation in the English page always with the visual editor. The result is that all the note references to have disappeared.
- Add them one by one always with a copy and paste note references from one visual editor to another and then all template contain will follow.
- Asking for native English speaker to proofread the text without changing the meaning.
- For more information coming from this experience contact Lionel Scheepmans