WebApps with LocalStorage and AppCache/Create an AppLSAC
In this learning resource you will be able to create an AppLSAC. Defining in 5 minutes.
- The generated AppLSAC will be an editor for a data format of your choice.
- The data will be stored in a JSON and the data format will be defined in a JSON schema.
Defining an appropriate data structure for your purpose and domain is a learning task on its. In this learing resource we will focus on a workflow from a given JSON towards the generatd JSON Editor as AppLSAC.
Learning Task[edit | edit source]
- (Demo of AppLSAC hamburger_menu_app) Explore basic AppLSAC template at hamburger_menu_app online or download ZIP of repository and try offline as AppLSAC-2.
- (Create your own AppLSAC with a Menu) Start the hamburger-menu-creator and create your own AppLSAC just like hamburger_menu_app online or download ZIP of repository and create your AppLSACS offline with hamburger-menu-creator as an AppLSAC-2 itself.
- (Create a JSON Editor as AppLSAC) Follow the main steps by using JSON2Schema. JSON2Schema was developed as support tool for the JSON editor by Jeremy Dorn.
- (AudioSlides4Web) Create an AudioSlides4Web presentation e.g. to support developers in creating their own WebApp. AudioSlides4Web is an AppLSAC itself. Explain how the AppLSAC Load, Processing and Save are used in this context of generation of web-based presentations (see a tutorial for AudioSlides4Web and analyze the required AppLSAC tasks for task).
Create a JSON Editor as AppLSAC[edit | edit source]
The JSON Editor uses the upload feature of browsers for a server upload to load a local JSON file into the browser without submitting the file to servers on the internet (see AppLSAC/Load). The download feature of browsers for files from remote servers is used to save files to your local file system (see AppLSAC/Save). The difference is that the JSON file in not download from the internet. The JSON file was generated in the browser.
- (JSON to Schema) Use the given JSON in JSON2Schema, modify the given JSON and create the appropriate JSON Schema.
- (Schema to JSON Editor) Create a JSON Editor with the generated JSON Schema.
- (Download JSON Editor) Download the JSON Editor and use the WebApp. as AppLSAC-2 offline or provide the AppLSAC on your web server, so that others can use your WebApp as AppLSAC-1.
JSON2Schema is an AppLSAC[edit | edit source]
JSON2Schema is itself an AppLSAC. If you start JSON2Schema directly from GitLab your run it as AppLSAC-1. It you download JSON2Schema from GitLab your can run it as AppLSAC-2 i.e. you can perform the JSON Editor generation also offline in your browser.
Learning Resources[edit | edit source]
- hamburger_menu_app online demo of AppLSAC-1
- download ZIP of repository hamburger_menu_app.zip for testing as AppLSAC-2
- hamburger-menu-creator to create your hamburger_menu_app.
- hamburger-menu-creator.zip to run your own hamburger-menu-creator offline as AppLSAC-2.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- JSON Editor (2017) Jeremy Dorn - URL Repository: https://github.com/jdorn/json-editor - (accessed 2019/09/15)
- JSON Editor - Continued Development (2019) Authors/Contributors - URL Repository: https://github.com/json-editor/json-editor - (accessed 2019/09/15)
- JSON2Schema GitLab-ZIP (2919) Bert Niehaus - URL: https://gitlab.com/niehausbert/JSON2Schema/-/archive/master/JSON2Schema-master.zip - (accessed 2019/09/15)