Virtues/six foundations of morality
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Five Moral Foundations[edit | edit source]
In his book “The Righteous Mind”, Jonathan Haidt describes these five foundations of morality:
- Care – Protect others from harm,
- Fairness – exchanges are reciprocal and proportional, don't cheat,
- Loyalty – support our team and our tribe,
- Authority – respect those above you in the hierarchy,
- Sanctity – noble things are good, disgusting things are bad.
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Haidt, Jonathan (2012). The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion. Pantheon. pp. 448. ISBN 978-0307377906.