Virtues/Virtues assessment form
Virtues Assessment[edit | edit source]
Use this form to assess the virtue of each candidate, adjusted to the requirements of the position.
|Virtue||Importance||Candidate 1||Candidate 2||Candidate 3|
|1, 3, or 9||Raw||Weighted||Raw||Weighted||Raw||Weighted|
Instructions:[edit | edit source]
- Assign an importance to each virtue for the role this person will fill. Use 1 for low, 3 for medium, or 9 for high. For example, if you are hiring a hospice nurse, you might rate gentleness high. For a soldier, perhaps courage is rated high. For a romantic partner, Love is important! It may be helpful to begin by identifying one or two virtues that are especially important to this selection and assigning them a 9. Then identify one or two that are distinctly less important and assign them each a 1. Complete the form by assigning a weight of 3 to the remaining virtues.
- Score each candidate (in the raw column) on the extent to which they live each virtue. Use 1 for low, 3 for medium, or 9 for high. Add columns if more than 3 candidates are being considered
- Multiply the importance of each virtue times the raw score to get the corresponding weighted score for each row and for each candidate.
- Total the columns. The higher score favors the candidate with the most suitable character. In some cases a particular virtue is essential to the assignment. For example, good faith may be essential when hiring an accountant. In that case, the score on that particular virtue is paramount, and the total is less important.
- Note that performance virtues are not included here and may be the most important factor in some cases. If you are choosing a plumber his soldering ability is probably more important than his sense of humor.
- Print this out or create your own form for your use. The "Download as PDF" or "Printable version" feature under the "Print/Export" menu to the left can help create a useful form for your use.
Please do not fill out this on-line form for your assessment. Print out a copy for your use to preserve this on-line copy for others to copy and use.