Ukrainian is a beautiful and rich Slavic language spoken by about 50 million persons, mostly in and around Ukraine. If you have Slavic heritage, want to study abroad in Ukraine, or just want to enrich your understanding of the world by learning about a new people and culture, there are many rewards to learning Ukrainian.
Pages on Wikiversity[edit | edit source]
Places to study Ukrainian[edit | edit source]
Many metro areas in the United States have sizable Ukrainian populations with organizations that offer classes in Ukrainian language on Saturdays. The Educational Council of The Ukrainian Congress Committee of America has a web site listing Ukrainian Saturday schools. If you are in Europe, it is fairly convenient to travel to Ukraine or become acquainted with any diaspora communities where you live.
Ukrainian online dictionaries[edit | edit source]
- Our sister project Wiktionary has entries on Ukrainian.
- Ukrainian Dictionaries Online (Orthographic, Synonymous, Phraseological)
- Ukrainian Thesaurus and Dictionary Online (more than 207 000 articles)
- English–Ukrainian online two-way dictionary by Slovnenya
- English–Ukrainian Dictionary
- Translates from English → Ukrainian and back
- Ukrainian slang dictionary by Myslovo
- Ukrainian slang dictionary by SlangZone
Practice Ukrainian[edit | edit source]
- SpeakUkrainian is a collaboration between the Ministry of Information Policy of Ukraine and the Association of Innovation and Digital Education
- Online and app-based language acquisition site w:en:Duolingo has a course for English speakers
- Online and app-based Memrise has over a dozen language courses made by members to help facilitate vocabulary retention using w:en:spaced repitition
- BBC Languages Across Europe - Ukrainian
- Online English–Ukrainian Vocabulary Quizzes
- Online English–Spanish–Ukrainian Dictionary
- Online Ukrainian Vocabulary Lessons