US States/Virginia/Products and industries
Products and Industries
Virginia's extensive transportation system or highways, railroads, waterways, and air transportation moves natural resources (otherwise known as raw materials) to factories and finished products to markets. Virginia exports agricultural products such as tobacco and poultry and manufactured goods (large ships) and coal.
Tourism is a major part of Virginia's economy.
Virginia has a large number of communications and high-technology industries.
Many people from other states and even around the world have migrated to Virginia for employment. The federal government has a significant impact on Virginia's economy. Since many of the government agencies are located in Virginia and nearby Washington D.C.
Costal Plains (or Tidewater) Region
- Products: Seafood, peanuts
- Industries: Shipbuilding, fishing, tourism, military base
- Products: Tobacco products, informational technology
- Industries: Federal and state government (located in Richmond, Virginia), farming, horse industry
Blue Ridge Mountains
- Products: Apples
- Industries: Recreation and farming
Valley and Ridge Region
- Products: Poultry, apples, dairy, beef
- Industries: Farming
- Products: Coal
- Industries: Coal Mining
Terms to know
- Export - to send products to another location/place to sell.
- Migrated - people or animals that have moved to a different location