The English Quran/Using the Quran
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
This project's focus is on how we can be using the Quran so we (by God's will) won't be in the situation of the Quran speaking against us on the Day of Judgement. If they are mistakes here, I dearly ask you to correct it immediately. May God protect us from the punishments of the grave, judgement day, and jahannam, and grant us the gardens of Paradise! Ameen.
- Hadiths on the Quran
- The Prophet Muhammad said, “Cleanliness is half of faith and Alhamdulillah [Praise be to Allah] fills the scale, and Subhan Allah [Glory be to Allah] and Alhamdulillah [Praise be to Allah] fill up what is be-tween the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light, and charity is proof [of one’s faith] and patience is a brightness and the Qur’an is a proof on your behalf or against you.”
- Source: Muslim no. 223 - [Sahih]
- The Prophet Muhammad said, “Fasting and the Qur’an will intercede for the slave on the Day of Judgement. Fasting will say, ‘O My Lord! I prevented him from food and desires, so accept my intercession for him.’ And the Qur’an will say, ‘I prevented him from sleep during the night, so accept my intercession for him.’ ....thus they will intercede.”
- Source: Musnad Ahmad no. 6337 - [Sahih]
- The Prophet Muhammad said, “The Qur’an is an intercessor and it’s intercession is accepted and its plea is believed. Whoever makes it lead him – it leads him to Paradise and whomsoever places it behind him [the result will be] he is dragged to the Fire.”
- Source: Ibn Hibban no. 124, - [Sahih]
- The Prophet Muhammad said, “The best of you are those who learn the Qur’an and teach it"
- Source: Bukhari no. 5027, Tirmidhee no. 2909 – [Sahih]
hadiths from Quran Project: Hadiths on the Quran
Duas[edit | edit source]
Duas from the Quran.
Duas[edit | edit source]
- رَبَّنَا ٱصۡرِفۡ عَنَّا عَذَابَ جَهَنَّمَۖ إِنَّ عَذَابَهَا كَانَ غَرَامًا
- Our lord! Avert from us the doom of Hell; lo! the doom thereof is anguish.
Verses to really ponder over[edit | edit source]
Surah Ma'idah (سورة المائدة)[edit | edit source]
Quran on Christians (present-day) worshiping Jesus Christ (May Peace be upon him)[edit | edit source]
- وَإِذْ قَالَ اللَّـهُ يَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ أَأَنتَ قُلْتَ لِلنَّاسِ اتَّخِذُونِي وَأُمِّيَ إِلَـٰهَيْنِ مِن دُونِ اللَّـهِ ۖ قَالَ سُبْحَانَكَ مَا يَكُونُ لِي أَنْ أَقُولَ مَا لَيْسَ لِي بِحَقٍّ ۚ إِن كُنتُ قُلْتُهُ فَقَدْ عَلِمْتَهُ ۚ تَعْلَمُ مَا فِي نَفْسِي وَلَا أَعْلَمُ مَا فِي نَفْسِكَ ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ عَلَّامُ الْغُيُوبِ
- And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.
Surah Az-Zumar (سُوۡرَةُ الزُّمَر)[edit | edit source]
- وَمَا قَدَرُواْ ٱللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدۡرِهِۦ وَٱلۡأَرۡضُ جَمِيعً۬ا قَبۡضَتُهُ ۥ يَوۡمَ ٱلۡقِيَـٰمَةِ وَٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتُ مَطۡوِيَّـٰتُۢ بِيَمِينِهِۦۚ سُبۡحَـٰنَهُ ۥ وَتَعَـٰلَىٰ عَمَّا يُشۡرِكُونَ
- No just estimate have they made of Allah, such as is due to Him: on the Day of Judgement the whole of the earth will be but His handful, and the heavens will be rolled up in His right hand: glory to Him! High is He above the Partners they attribute to Him!
- وَنُفِخَ فِى ٱلصُّورِ فَصَعِقَ مَن فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَمَن فِى ٱلۡأَرۡضِ إِلَّا مَن شَآءَ ٱللَّهُۖ ثُمَّ نُفِخَ فِيهِ أُخۡرَىٰ فَإِذَا هُمۡ قِيَامٌ۬ يَنظُرُونَ
- The Trumpet will (just) be sounded, when all that are in the heavens and on earth will swoon, except such as it will please Allah (to exempt). Then will a second one be sounded, when, behold they will be standing and looking on!
- وَأَشۡرَقَتِ ٱلۡأَرۡضُ بِنُورِ رَبِّہَا وَوُضِعَ ٱلۡكِتَـٰبُ وَجِاْىٓءَ بِٱلنَّبِيِّـۧنَ وَٱلشُّہَدَآءِ وَقُضِىَ بَيۡنَہُم بِٱلۡحَقِّ وَهُمۡ لَا يُظۡلَمُونَ
- And the Earth will shine with the glory of its Lord: the Record (of Deeds) will be placed (open); the prophets and the witnesses will be brought forward: and a just decision pronounced between them; and they will not be wronged (in the least)
- وَوُفِّيَتۡ كُلُّ نَفۡسٍ۬ مَّا عَمِلَتۡ وَهُوَ أَعۡلَمُ بِمَا يَفۡعَلُونَ
- And to every soul will be paid in full (the fruit) of its deeds; and (Allah) knoweth best all that they do
- وَسِيقَ ٱلَّذِينَ ڪَفَرُوٓاْ إِلَىٰ جَهَنَّمَ زُمَرًاۖ حَتَّىٰٓ إِذَا جَآءُوهَا فُتِحَتۡ أَبۡوَٲبُهَا وَقَالَ لَهُمۡ خَزَنَتُہَآ أَلَمۡ يَأۡتِكُمۡ رُسُلٌ۬ مِّنكُمۡ يَتۡلُونَ عَلَيۡكُمۡ ءَايَـٰتِ رَبِّكُمۡ وَيُنذِرُونَكُمۡ لِقَآءَ يَوۡمِكُمۡ هَـٰذَاۚ قَالُواْ بَلَىٰ وَلَـٰكِنۡ حَقَّتۡ كَلِمَةُ ٱلۡعَذَابِ عَلَى ٱلۡكَـٰفِرِينَ
- The Unbelievers will be led to Hell in crowds; until, when they arrive there, its gates will be opened and its Keepers will say "Did not messengers come to you from among yourselves rehearsing to you the Signs of your Lord, and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?" The answer will be: "True: but the Decree of Punishment has been proved true against the Unbelievers!"
- قِيلَ ٱدۡخُلُوٓاْ أَبۡوَٲبَ جَهَنَّمَ خَـٰلِدِينَ فِيهَاۖ فَبِئۡسَ مَثۡوَى ٱلۡمُتَڪَبِّرِينَ
- (To them) will be said: "Enter ye the gates of Hell, to dwell therein: and evil is (this) abode of the arrogant!"
- وَسِيقَ ٱلَّذِينَ ٱتَّقَوۡاْ رَبَّہُمۡ إِلَى ٱلۡجَنَّةِ زُمَرًاۖ حَتَّىٰٓ إِذَا جَآءُوهَا وَفُتِحَتۡ أَبۡوَٲبُهَا وَقَالَ لَهُمۡ خَزَنَتُہَا سَلَـٰمٌ عَلَيۡڪُمۡ طِبۡتُمۡ فَٱدۡخُلُوهَا خَـٰلِدِينَ
- And those who feared their Lord will be led to the Garden in crowds: until behold, they arrive there; its gates will be opened: and its Keepers will say: "Peace be upon you! Well have ye done! Enter ye here, to dwell therein."
- وَقَالُواْ ٱلۡحَمۡدُ لِلَّهِ ٱلَّذِى صَدَقَنَا وَعۡدَهُ ۥ وَأَوۡرَثَنَا ٱلۡأَرۡضَ نَتَبَوَّأُ مِنَ ٱلۡجَنَّةِ حَيۡثُ نَشَآءُۖ فَنِعۡمَ أَجۡرُ ٱلۡعَـٰمِلِينَ
- They will say: "Praise be to Allah, Who has truly fulfilled His promise to us, and has given us (this) land in heritage: we can dwell in the Garden as we will: how excellent a reward for those who work (righteousness)!"
- وَتَرَى ٱلۡمَلَـٰٓٮِٕڪَةَ حَآفِّينَ مِنۡ حَوۡلِ ٱلۡعَرۡشِ يُسَبِّحُونَ بِحَمۡدِ رَبِّہِمۡۖ وَقُضِىَ بَيۡنَہُم بِٱلۡحَقِّ وَقِيلَ ٱلۡحَمۡدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ ٱلۡعَـٰلَمِينَ
- And thou wilt see the angels surrounding the Throne (Divine) on all sides, singing Glory and Praise of their Lord. The Decision between them (at Judgment) will be in (perfect) justice. And the cry (on all sides) will be "Praise be to Allah the Lord of the Worlds!"
Surah Ahzaab (سورة الأحزاب)[edit | edit source]
- وَمَا كَانَ لِمُؤْمِنٍ وَلَا مُؤْمِنَةٍ إِذَا قَضَى اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَمْرًا أَن يَكُونَ لَهُمُ الْخِيَرَةُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِمْ ۗ وَمَن يَعْصِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلَالًا مُّبِينًا
- It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error
Surah Waqia (سُوۡرَةُ الواقِعَة)[edit | edit source]
Tree of Zaqqum[edit | edit source]
- ثُمَّ إِنَّكُمۡ أَيُّہَا ٱلضَّآلُّونَ ٱلۡمُكَذِّبُونَ
- Then lo! ye, the erring, the deniers,
- لَأَكِلُونَ مِن شَجَرٍ۬ مِّن زَقُّومٍ۬
- Ye verily will eat of a tree called Zaqqum
- فَمَالِـُٔونَ مِنۡہَا ٱلۡبُطُونَ
- And will fill your bellies therewith
- فَشَـٰرِبُونَ عَلَيۡهِ مِنَ ٱلۡحَمِيمِ
- And thereon ye will drink of boiling water,
- فَشَـٰرِبُونَ شُرۡبَ ٱلۡهِيمِ
- Drinking even as the camel drinketh.
- هَـٰذَا نُزُلُهُمۡ يَوۡمَ ٱلدِّينِ
- This will be their welcome on the Day of Judgment.
Surah Hadeed (سُوۡرَةُ الحَدید)[edit | edit source]
- وَمَا لَكُمۡ لَا تُؤۡمِنُونَ بِٱللَّهِۙ وَٱلرَّسُولُ يَدۡعُوكُمۡ لِتُؤۡمِنُواْ بِرَبِّكُمۡ وَقَدۡ أَخَذَ مِيثَـٰقَكُمۡ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤۡمِنِينَ
- What aileth you that ye believe not in Allah, when the messenger calleth you to believe in your Lord, and He hath already made a covenant with you, if ye are believers?
Day of Judgement[edit | edit source]
The coming of this day is truly something to be afraid of... This day will abase some, exalt others (It will be abasing (some), exalting (others); 56:3)... A day that the parent will not be able to help the child in anything, nor can the child help the parent at all with anything. (Oh people! Keep your duty to your lord and fear a Day when the parent will not be able to avail the child in aught, nor the child to avail the parent. Surely, Allah's promise is true! Let not the life of the world beguile you, nor let the deceiver beguile you in regards to Allah; Surah Luqman, aiayh 33). Surely, we have to prepare for this day... when your limbs will testify against you, and your promises to Allah will be questions!
When? When will this happen? You don't know, no one knows, expect Allah (S.W.T). (The people ask thee about the Hour. Say, 'The knowledge of it is only with Allah'. And what will make thee know, perhaps the Hour may be near”. (Qur’an, 33:63))