The Community Virtual Library Project
This is a hub for the Community Virtual Library projects which support real world librarianship in virtual worlds. We have a growing presence in virtual worlds. We have a branch library in Second Life, as well as Hypergrid Resources Library branches in OpenSim on the Avacon and Kitely grids.
Our mission is to collect, organize, curate, and archive virtual worlds to promote increased access and digital literacy and citizenship in the emerging connected metaverse.
Visit the pages below to learn more about each of our projects.
Community Virtual Library Projects
- Digital Citizenship Museum
- Explore-SL Spreadsheet
- Hypergrid Resources Library
- Virtual Worlds Database
Community Virtual Library Board Members & Staff
Contact Us In-World: In Second Life, contact one of the CVL officers – preferably by dropping a notecard (IMs tend to get capped!)
- Valerie Hill, PhD. Director, Community Virtual Library. In-world: Valibrarian Gregg
- Alyse Dunavant-Jones, MLIS. Assistant Director, Community Virtual Library. In-world: alysedunavantjones (SL), AnteMeridiem DiscJockey (Kitely)
- Suemoon Magic - Head Reference Librarian
- Jodie Landon - CVL Nonprofit Commons Branch
- Bethany Winslow, M.S.Ed. - Project Lead, Hypergrid Resources Library. In-world: BethanyTheVirtualVersion (SL), Bethany Winslow (Kitely & Avacon)
- Elise Ohana - Book Discussions
- amvans Lapis - Digital Citizenship Museum Director
- Beth Ghostraven - CVL Communications Leader
- Lorelei Junot (CVL Consultant, Leader Emeritus)
- Abbey Zenith (CVL Consultant, Leader Emeritus)