Teaching EFL Listening via FUN WITH ENGLISH Books/7B/Lesson 3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Test Preparation
- "I want all of you to get a sheet of paper."
- "Please write your name and class on the sheet of paper."
- "When we do the test, do not write on MY paper [hold up a test sheet] write on YOUR paper."
- [Walk to the back row] "When we are finished, students in this row will stand up and gather the paper of the students in front of them to bring to me." [Demonstrate]
- [If the desks are together] "Please seperate your desks."
- "Finally, there is absolutely no talking during the test."
- "To practice, we are going to start with this [hold up the Self-Assessment]. I want you to choose your English level [CN: 水平 Shuǐpíng]
- Read out the different levels.
- When they are done, have the back row get up and deliver the papers to me.
- "Now we are going to begin the test. Do not talk."
- "I am going to read each article three times."
- "Listen and write the answers on your paper."
- Snapping harsh the first time somebody peeps may keep them all in line throughout.
- 7A & 8A Page 10 Let's get ready A and B
- Use this time to organize the tests and test papers, placing them in a place I'll remember.
- Felix the Cat Slides
- Give some background.
- Questions throghout
- What is this?
- How does _____ feel?
- What do think will happen next?
- Why is he ______?
- Note: Mr. Brown suggested using the textbook after the students wrote their tests would be OK, and he was correct.
17 Mar 2010 Grade 7 Classes 10 & 11
- What could I have done better?
- Explained the process for the students to collect the tests and give them to me in an easier to comprehend way.
- What did I do well?
- Move quickly on the tests.
- Didn't really raise my voice at all.
- What did I learn?
- If instructions are good, it's not necessary to get angry/raise my voice.
- What did the students learn?
- Testing protocol and about Felix the Cat.
- Next Week?
- Hand back the tests.