Teaching EFL Listening via FUN WITH ENGLISH Books/7B/Lesson 16
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lesson Taught on 11 June 2010
- Lay out the test papers in the students seats before class begins.
- Gather the students in their classrooms.
- Put them in their seats, ensuring horizontal space.
- Go over how many names they are supposed to write and to put down Mr. Danoff or Mr. Brown depending on who is their teacher.
- Go over the rules for the test.
- Administer the test playing each audio piece 3 times.
- Give them a minute or 2 inbetween each playing to review and answer the questions, depending on how screwy they get.
- Following the collection of the test, watch a short film.
- Place the tests out in the chairs.
- Not staggering them this class worked fine.
- Gather the students in their classroom.
- Explain that they should write 3 names on the sheet.
- Tell them to write Mr. Brown or Mr. Danoff depending on who is their teacher.
- A little bit of confusion.
- Play the audio 3 times.
- Short breaks in between gave some the chance to speak.
- Some students who did not understand, simply gave up and did not answer anything.
- Tell them to answer the T/F and muliple choice questions?
- Ended up playing the audio through one more time at the end.
- Had the students leave to return
- After class we discovered the audio played differently in different media players. On one there was a significant echo, on another, none.
- gave them 3 readings from the start.
- not having the test papers laid out made it more difficult.
- give them a minute or two around each test to answer questions.
- played a short movie at the end, which they seemed to like
- have some difficulty with remembering to put their teacher's name on the paper
- Finished with about 15 minutes to spare.
- graded some tests as they were watching a film. took about 25 minutes per test.