Teaching EFL Listening via FUN WITH ENGLISH Books/7A/Playing Sports Lesson
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Date:||Lesson Length (Min):||Location:||Textbook:||Chapter #:||Lesson #:||Topic:||Number of Students:||Document Version:|
|21 Sep 2010||45||English Salon||FWE 7A||2||3||Having fun||25+|
Textbook focused lesson also addressing some administrative issues I had not resolved by lesson 3 like seating charts.
- Set Skill = "B" Text orientation and identifying context
- Curriculum Statement = "4" Orientation to text
- Specific Skill = "a" Familiarise students wit various exercises/evaluations.
- Students will be to complete the written exercises by listening for the answers.
- How are you?
- If they all say, "I'm fine thank you", go over alternative responses.
- Ask "What will you do for the national holiday?" and follow up questions.
- Ask "What will you do for the mid-autumn festival?"
- See if the students have any questions for me.
2 Chapter Lead-In
- What do you do for fun?
- Write it on the board if they don't get it.
- What do your grandparents do on the weekend?
- 6 (maybe), 7A, 8A &9
- When finished with page 7, ask how much time we have in the period, before moving on.
- I read them all.
- Page 8A, ask "Which letter is number one?" "Which sport is *2" "Which letter is baseball?"
- Page 9, for false statements ask "what's true?"
4 Seating Chart
- If this class is going to change every couple of weeks, do it just to learn their names?
- Use diagram on the board to explain the game.
- Only two teams, have students who are done go to the back of the room.
- Simon Says
- 2009/2010 East Meets West China Information Booklet. Beijing: East Meets West China. 2009.