Sensor Network - Warning[edit | edit source]
In a bird swarm there is connection of sensors (see and hear) that can create a warning to others and communicate the warning in s swarm network.
Experience - Learning[edit | edit source]
Swarms consist of young and old individuals that have different experience. Migratory birds can "read" the magnetic field of the earth for navigation but good places for rest and food can be communicated from old to young (sharing of information).
Causes for Individual Properties[edit | edit source]
Swarm individuals have individual properties, different exposures to predators and thus different response behaviour to predators. So the diversity is a kind richness of reponses in a the swarm.
Learning Task[edit | edit source]
- (Sensors of Individuals) What are sensors of migratory birds (include magnetic field of earth)
- (Swarm Interaction) How do brids communicate in a network?
- (Experimental Design) Explain how a study design should elaborated, to identify the impact on indivdual behaviour by
- Network Communication in the Swarm
- Individual perception of the environment