Survey research and design in psychology/Admin/Evaluation/2012
In 2012, the content was modularised into five fortnightly modules, each worth 20%. Each module consisted of 2 x 2 hour lectures and 1 x 2 hour tutorial. The assessment for each module consisted of two online quizzes and one mini-lab report.
Learning materials were migrated to Wikiversity (from ucspace.canberra.edu.au), with UC Moodle (learnonline.canberra.edu.au) used for student enrolment, announcements, discussion forum and gradebook.
Overall satisfaction was considerably lower in 2012 (59%) than in previous years, 2011 (85%), 2010 (95%), 2009 (75%) and was below the Faculty target of 72%..
Changes to make for 2013
- Release module content earlier, particularly the assessment items (quizzes and lab reports)
- Reduce amount of content overall (prereq 2nd year unit now covers ANOVA, so drop this - perhaps the 5 modules could be reduced to 4?)
- Reduce overall workload/assessment - review Lab report requirements
- Review open text comments (requested from Stats & Planning)
- Maybe include 10% marking criteria for APA style?
- Explain more clearly to students what types of ANCOVA design are suitable for the lab report (there was some confusion in 2012 that a 1-way ANCOVA was acceptable)