Survey research and design in psychology/Admin/Evaluation/2012
2012[edit | edit source]
Changes made[edit | edit source]
In 2012, the content was modularised into five fortnightly modules, each worth 20%. Each module consisted of 2 x 2 hour lectures and 1 x 2 hour tutorial. The assessment for each module consisted of two online quizzes and one mini-lab report.
Learning materials were migrated to Wikiversity (from ucspace.canberra.edu.au), with UC Moodle (learnonline.canberra.edu.au) used for student enrolment, announcements, discussion forum and gradebook.
Unit satisfaction[edit | edit source]
Overall satisfaction was considerably lower in 2012 (59%) than in previous years, 2011 (85%), 2010 (95%), 2009 (75%) and was below the Faculty target of 72%..
Changes to make for 2013[edit | edit source]
- Release module content earlier, particularly the assessment items (quizzes and lab reports)
- Reduce amount of content overall (prereq 2nd year unit now covers ANOVA, so drop this - perhaps the 5 modules could be reduced to 4?)
- Reduce overall workload/assessment - review Lab report requirements
- Review open text comments (requested from Stats & Planning)
Best aspects?[edit | edit source]
Needs improving?[edit | edit source]
Assessment[edit | edit source]
Lab reports[edit | edit source]
- Maybe include 10% marking criteria for APA style?
5: ANOVA[edit | edit source]
- Explain more clearly to students what types of ANCOVA design are suitable for the lab report (there was some confusion in 2012 that a 1-way ANCOVA was acceptable)