Storytelling is a narrative act or skill of presenting stories. This juxtaposition of two words is the term used for the action of telling a story with words, images and sounds. In our days, the transmission is more writen than spoken. The collect is fixed on a support in order to save it from forget for studying and practicing.
Here is a list of participants in this Learning Group
Here are some practical advices :
- Write your story, share it within a learning group in 2 minuts. Ask for a restitution of your story by others. Give comment on other stories and speak about what others say about yours.
- Use cotations of about 20 words per sentence. According to Carl Rogers, the maximum speed for an understandable speech is 300 words per minute But silence and breathing are also usefull for storytelling.
- Use optimized words sizing an average of 4 letters or isograms ; so you will tell more stories in less time.
- Finish always storytelling with a key sentence.
- to be able to write scenarii with mind maps.
- to be able to use your voice, your body and your brain
- to be able to identify signs and symbols linked to the story told.
Most stories will be written with no more than 20 lines of text. For some, even 10 or less will suffice. A professional script is generally divised in acts of 15 minuts and scenes of 5 minuts. A typical elevator speech moment follows generally four steps in less than 2 minutes : polite names introduction ; facts related to the context; emotions generating opinion and laughters sharing humour at conclusion. According to Debra Fine, storytelling requires small talks in any context.
Learning-by-doing refers to the capability of people to improve their stories through practice, self-perfection and minor innovations.
Concerning words frequency, the first letters of alphabet could be vowels. The consonants are less used for attraction. Zipf studied words frequency in James Joyce's book Ulysse. He observed that the first word was used 8 000 times ; the tenth word 800 times ; the hundredth 80 times ; and the Thousandth 8 times. That should mean the ten thousandth worth 0.8 is a neologism. According to Mandelbrot, the optimal fractal of a word could be 4.3 letters in French and four letter in english. Storytelling can be described in the marketing of four questions : price (What is storytelling for action?) ; sentiment (Who is the right people for storytelling?) ; volume (Where is the right place for storytelling?) ; time (When is the right moment for storytelling?).
- In 2008, Wikipedia hosted more than 15 millions visible articles in about 250 langages. And Wikia had more than 5 millions articles in over 50 languages. John or Jane Doe knows both of them are doubling their size every 18 months since 2005.
- In 2009, more of the third of the connected world people uses Wikipedia to know the commons of one subject. 3% of these people believe Wikimedia is the first point of reference. And less than 0.3% of this community use Wikia for business.
- If time is money, Wikipedia is the biggest pyramid in the world. So i believe that Free Software Foundation is the center of Internet, because of reusing backlinks required by the GNU Free Documentation Licence.
- Blondeel defines trolling as a technic maximizing critics to attract allies and enemies. The game of any troll is maximizing the number of his adversaries by provocation or react to maximums to isolate his victims. Some examples are Mathias about the Godwin's law and RMS playing Eleusis on the Internet.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to File:Godwin's law.ogg.|
- Classical storytelling begins by "Once upon a time" describing the initial statement of caracters ; "one day", a turbulent element happens ; "then", actions of caracters to solve problems at the end of the story.
- Example of internal dialog of Lutwig Wittgenstein: -"Does man think because he has found that thinking pays? Does he bring his children up because he has found it pays?" (467) -"So we do sometimes think because it has been found to pay." (470)
- On average, people speak from 150 to 200 words per minute.
- A program is a set of structured activities
- According to Ray Birdwhistell, non-verbal attitude (mimics and head, hands or eyes movements) is 65% of human communication.
- Beyond Bullet Points, Cliff Atkinson, ISBN 0-7356-2052-0
- In this method, you have twenty seconds to make a first good impression on people.