South Africa Workshop for Social Entrepreneurship - 2008/100 Day Challenge/Specific Challenges
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Specific challenges arising in the Event in SA in March 2008
100 Day Challenge - (Thriver, not survivor – we vote people in!)[edit | edit source]
Influential people have two outstanding characteristics:
- All have an absolute sense of purpose
- All have the quality of generosity
What is it that we want to do over the next 100 days to create value from this workshop?
- Create a hub so that social entrepreneurship can be promoted
- Secure partners to create work for rural women
- Eradicate poverty to create a better quality of life
In order to nurture our inspiration we will:
- Build network hubs to sustain our enthusiasm
- Register our individual profiles on the Social Entrepreneurship portal on the Wikiversity website identifying our strengths
- Each individual participant at the workshop will communicate with other delegates, establishing common goals with a view to discussing concrete proposals and outputs.
- Create a core team of inspiration leaders representative of all stakeholders
Why do we want to do the 100 Day Challenge?
- We want to be generous
- It’s payback time!
- To transform society
- Empower people!
- Bring back hope
- It gives a tremendous sense of personal satisfaction
- Everyone wins!
- Establish a centre of co-ordinated communication surrounded by sub-hubs.
- Use video conferencing
- Create a geographical structure based on the regional distribution of stakeholders and representatives
- Wikiversity will be the key point of all communication
- The World Bank will assist with establishing a central hub facilitating the evolution of regional groupings through its network of organisations and database of information.
- The Win Win Group will assist with facilitating dialogue between the sub-hubs, investigate branding options and look at implementing marketing strategies.
- A core team of movers and shakers (to be established and confirmed). This core team will contact all the other delegates through Wikiversity as well as using direct communication channels.
- The core team will be identified immediately
- Personal profiles and details of projects will be put on the website portal within 50 days of the workshop