On this page we want to explore how we can engage the Part-up community to participate in part-ups.
- Gardner Campbell:
- On way to engage people is by showing them what they can learn.
- An interesting video about this subject is the Youtube of Garnder Campbell (66 minutes).
- In this Youtube Gardner talks about four levels of engagement.
- 1. Compliancy: The student does what's in the curriculum, do as your told. This is not very engaging.
- 2. Interest: In this level the student's curiosity is sparked. Uncertainty, complexity, chaos (it may take more time), ...
- 3. Connection:
- 4. Love: In the video (40:00) somebody from Harvard explains that learning should be like how you love sports
At 51:26 Gardner Campbell draws another diagram where he replaces compliancy with discipline.
Part-up is probably fun because it's complex, it's about connection, etc.