Social psychology (psychology)/Lectures/Review/Instructor notes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Outline/overview slide of each lecture
- Summary/Conclusion slide of each lecture
- Textbook questions
- Exam bank items
- Textbook brief version
- Tricia's 2003 summary lecture
- Other summary lectures from other units
- This was the year with no textbook – so the slides were based on the readings; these could be reconsidered, particularly the Psychology and Everyday Life reading, and incorporated/brought in
- A summary lecture wasn't given, in part because the final lecture slot was used for the final exam.
- Overall – 7/10, but, as usual, was on the run, not as well prepared as desirable, etc. But given that the slides were created quickly, a solid review effort.
- This was effectively a new lecture – 69 slides cobbled together quickly based on Tricia's 2003 lecture and outline/overview/summary slides from each of the previous 9 lectures
- In general, I think this lecture should be continued to give the unit some sense of returning to its original goals and reviewing those, marking out signposts along the way
- Preamble was longer than for other lectures, but I think this was OK – it told the bigger picture story before diving in; suggest transcribing and edited and put on the web too
- Timing was OK – arrived/started late – up to 10 mins; no break; finished with 2 mins to go
- Performance: 7/10 – underprepared, particularly on latter topics
- Several current, contemporary, spontaneous examples were given during the lecture – could use even more – transcribe what these were:
- Looking-glass self: Weight loss with full-length mirror on fridges
- John McCain's choice of Sarah Palin as VP running mate in 2008 USA presidential election – was he smitten and irrational?
- Hot drink / attraction study
- It helped that I'd prepared half the exam beforehand – some concepts were salient
- Slides were not put up beforehand :(
- Slides were revised afterwards :)
- Add exam questions – say 1 per topic from this lecture
- Listen to the 2008 previous lecture – would be useful preparation both beforehand, but particularly also on the way in
- Add some more slides on the latter topics
- Review and increase correspondence between given lecture key points, review content, and exam.