Social psychology (psychology)/Assessment/Essay/Guidelines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Three key criteria will be weighted equally in the essay marking:
- Essays are to be submitted electronically by emailing the convener as follows:
- Subject: Social psychology essay submission
- If you use this subject line, you will get an automatic email as a receipt of confirmation; otherwise, you will get a manual email receipt within 24 hours. Keep a copy of this email and your original email. If you do not get an email receipt within 24 hours, you should contact the convener.
- Message: Your name and student ID and/or Wikiversity user name.
- Attachment: Provide a single file (.rtf, .doc, .docx format), or .odt) which consists of:
- An electronic cover sheet and
- Your essay
- File name: Use this structure:
- Surname Firstname Social Psychology Essay
- e.g., Smith John Social Psychology Essay.doc
- Late submissions will incur a penalty of 5% per day.
- Do not submit a hard copy.
- Your marks and feedback will be emailed back approximately three weeks later.
- There is no minimum length; maximum is 3000 words.
- Essays above the word count limit (3000 words) will incur a penalty (5% per 100 words).
- There is no 10% over allowance - if you need this, aim for 2,700 words!
- Word count = body text (i.e., all essay body text and in-text citations, but not title, abstract, tables, figures, references (i.e., the reference list), or appendices).
Marking disputes[edit | edit source]
For anyone dissatisfied with the marking/grading and/or feedback received, please see these suggested steps: marking dispute process