A relative term is a logical term that requires reference to any number of other objects, called the correlates of the term, in order to denote a definite object, called the relate1 of the relative term in question. A relative term is typically expressed in ordinary language by means of a phrase with explicit or implicit blanks, for example, “lover of __”, or “giver of __ to __”.
1. Pronounced with the accent on the first syllable.
- Relative Term @ InterSciWiki
- Relative Term @ Subject Wikis
- Relative Term @ Wikiversity
- Relative Term @ Wikiversity Beta
Portions of the above article were adapted from the following sources under the GNU Free Documentation License, under other applicable licenses, or by permission of the copyright holders.