Chemical reaction engineering is the main part of a plant around which many things happens. In most of the plants, an equipment called "Reactor" is used which converts raw materials to the final (desire) product along with some unwanted products. This area of chemical engineering covers the information needed to develop such reactor, i.e., Kinetics of chemical reaction, contacting etc.
Chemical Reaction: This can be divided mainly in 4 parts:
- Non-catalytic Reactions.
Elements to understand and define a chemical reaction:
- Rate of reaction
- Conditions (Temperature, pressure) etc.
- Kinetics of different kind of chemical reactions
- Type of reactors and their design
- Models (tank in series model, compartment model, dispersion model)
- Effects of pressure and temperature
- Flow patterns
- Reactions with catalysts
- Non-catalytic systems