Psycholinguistics/Words, Meaning, and Word Recognition
Introduction[edit | edit source]
- What are words?
Words and their meanings refer to the oral utterances made to describe, demand or explain a particular action, event, feeling or object. Every culture in the world has developed a collection of words to use when referring to objects, people, places, or ideas. In some cultures, there are multiple meanings for the same word, and in others, there are multiple words of the same meaning.
- What are words composed of?
Words are made up of, depending on the word or culture, a collection of sounds or a single sound. It is the collection of sounds, their arrangement and order which make words recognizable and distinguishable to their speakers.
Word Beginnings[edit | edit source]
- When were words first used?
- What were some of the first words of various cultures? Why these?
Meanings of Words[edit | edit source]
- What types of words were first used?
- What were the meanings of the first words, and what were their purpose in society?
Word Recognition[edit | edit source]
- What words are most easily recognized?
- How can word recognition be made easier?
Cinta Septa is love until die
Learning Activity[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]