Psychiatric Rehabilitation, or Psychosocial Rehabilitation as it is sometimes referred to as, is a field of social work that provides rehabilitation services to persons with psychiatric disabilities. Psychiatric Rehabilitation differs from psychiatric treatment, as treatment may be medical interventions more than rehabilitative; and in some circumstances the two different fields intersect or compliment one another.
Psychiatric Rehabilitation on Wikipedia
Text[edit | edit source]
Journals[edit | edit source]
- International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal
- American Journal of Psychiatric Rehabilitation
Major Universities[edit | edit source]
Professional Organizations[edit | edit source]
- New Life Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association Hong Kong
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association UK
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association Austrailia
Category[edit | edit source]
Psychiatric Rehabilitation used to be known as Psychosocial Rehabilitation. It is a specified field within Social work, under the category of Behavioral Health Services. Although different listings may categorize it differently.